VHL Magazine Power Poll - VHL Draft Prospects

Toast

VHL Mag Power Poll  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The draft is right around the corner now as the Super Cup plays out for the next few days. GMs are preparing and it seems that the prospects are ready to go.

Continuing on the draft theme that we have had going as of late, this week's Power Poll will be based around something that has been on my mind as of late. With three prospects approaching 300TPE already, and many more already in the triple digits, is it possible that there is too much TPE to go around?

So with that said, this week's Power Poll is: Do you think there is too much TPE available to prospects?

Of course, with recreates getting the massive headstart when they recreate, this pretty well dampers the too much TPE argument, but with 10-12 prospects already above 100, it seems that it's more than just the recreates getting a nice start on the season.

So clearly this is a nice draft in terms of talent, but that could be an issue down the road when too many prospects have high amounts of TPE. Then again, Victor, Phil, and tfong were pretty much guaranteed to have outrageous amounts of TPE the moment that they recreated.

So what do you think about these massive TPE totals in the draft? Should something be done to lower the amount of TPE prospects can earn? If so, what do you suggest? Make sure to comment!

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Although I believe there's too much TPE available to get out there - I don't actually think it's a problem. The three with the highest TPE of the S45 class (Victor, Draper, and I) work our asses off and I do believe we should be rewarded for our efforts. Just like everyone should be rewarded for getting a PT done, and doing the jobs that are available and necessary around the board. 

I believe that the problem lies in the fact that by 700 TPE - you've maxed out most of the stats. So by the time we are in our 3rd season, we'll have 99s in all our main attributes.

Anyway - I don't want to get too much into it. I've suggested for a number of seasons an adjustment to the update scale but all have turned a blind eye. This won't change that.

The issue is what you have to do with your TPE once you have too much at the VHL level, not that prospects have too much TPE to earn. Again, making the best experience possible for prospects to get them to the VHL level is one of the most important things we can do. Getting players to the VHL level is important because the VHL is very heavy on league parity, and a lot of quality members are spread out. It's the best experience for a reason.

But Phil makes great points about what happens when people get to about 700, but to me that is a separate issue from opportunities for undrafted and VHLM players to earn TPE. 

• Admin

Good thing we still have the same salary cap for decades

well it is since we still have 3 shitty teams going into S45. It would be even worse.

As for Phil's point, as ever, this is a first world problem. Non TPE whores don't need a harsher update scale. As for me, I'm quite content with the addition of penalty shot.

well it is since we still have 3 shitty teams going into S45. It would be even worse.

As for Phil's point, as ever, this is a first world problem. Non TPE whores don't need a harsher update scale. As for me, I'm quite content with the addition of penalty shot.

shitty by choice. They don't want to improve since they want the highest pick. Therefore, it makes 0 buying team.

As for me, I'm quite content with the addition of penalty shot.

I really like that edition too!

It's just that those who make it to 700 TPE don't really have specialty player builds - just 99s in everything. Is just a shame that's all. That's why I believe depth is so important on a team. That way you get these 400 guys who are snipers, playmakers, goons - it's a lot more interesting.

And ultimately, it's exactly my last point that is the reason we actually shouldn't change the update scale. We still don't have enough people who are active on this site to justify it. Hence my vote.

some people, (like koponen) who started their career with a carryover and retired at the deadline has 1 season and a half to get tpe. So their start their rookie season at 300 + tpe.