Buyer Beware iBuyPower

NUCK

A heads up to all of you who may be in the market for a new PC or will be down the road. I highly recommend you avoid iBuyPower, specially if you do not live in the USA.

-Plexiglas viewing portion of the case had scratches and scuffs on both the inside and outside.

-The case itself had a 2cm dent on the metal corner, which made the paint chip.

- There was Styrofoam chunks in every aspect of it, the PSU, Optic drive, GFX card, RAM slots and any where else it could possibly be.

- RAM was installed in the wrong slots.

- Main RAM slot on the mother board was defective.

- Sent me the wrong RAM for my mother board, it runs but it is designed for a Z71 specifically not a X99.

- Internal USB cable for the WiFi was defective.

- Cables were strapped directly to the Hydro lighting, obstructing the view and blocking out the light.

- PSU for the lighting was not secured correctly and the sticky side of the Velcro will no longer adhere to anything, due to all the Styrofoam and other debris it has collected.

- Multiple crashes and freezing at the start up screen.

- Low quality GFX games crashing.

- and so on.

It is under Warranty but the initial coast to me to send it in, is nearly $1000 cdn due to UPS, taxes and duty. Which I will be reimbursed for all of but $300 for the initial shipping cost. There solution was $100 usd refund to me to cover all the issues and shut me up.

My last computer came from https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

Had a bad ram stick or something when I got it nearly 6 years ago (still running strong) they paid for shipping and fixed it.  I've upgraded it from the original $750 price with more ram, processor, and graphic card pushing the total price up to around $1000 but I have no plan to buy a new one soon and can still play whatever.

I am just so unhappy with so many aspects that i thought i would share my experiance with others of simlilar intrests. I thought i did a great job with my research and found a reputable company to buy from. I was so wrong and just wasted 3 grand.

Well wasted no, but I sure could have done a ton better with that chunk of change.

• Commissioner

Yeah, I'm Mac guy but if I ever have the disposable income to have a gaming rig (or want a render computer) I'll be building it myself rather than trusting one of these companies. Too many horror stories and higher prices for the same parts.

No dude, the resoulution was they give me $100 usd and I fuck off.

They will take it back and fix all the issues, BUT I have to pay one way shipping $300 cdn and duty / taxes both ways. That may or may not be reinbursed after I fill out a bunch of paper work and wait for it to be procesed. Duty one way is $388 cnd so it puts my repair cost at roughly $1075 cdn prior to the duty refund that is dependante on how the border fools handle it.

I spent all my savings to get this thing, I do not have another grand to get it fixed.

Oh, just went to website and yeah, all that would be covered by RMA if it was a US purchase. That sucks.

Yup man, I put my faith in them to give me a good working product. I went to them as a premiure gaming computer company with the hopes they would give me what I paid for in new working order. I should have bought from within Canada and next time I will just build my own dam rig.

Leson learned, I know but i also want you all to be aware aswell so you dont make the same mistake i did.

and why the hell isnt my spell checker working ffs., but thats FireFox :P

Nope, issue is for the most part that it needs new parts rather then just repairs. iBuyPower would have to be the ones to send me the parts and they wont cover the cost of another company doing the work.