2015-2016 NHL Discussion

boubabi

1 minute ago, gregreg said:

You should feel pretty shitty IMO

the more i sat here and thought about it. We have Henrik Sedin, Bo Horvat, Jared McCann, Adam Cracknell, Brandon Sutter (IR), Linden Vey (who we gave up 2 2nd for i think or 1 cant remember exactly) and Brandan Gaunce (1st rounder) as centers. obviously we dont need anymore centers. so yea i dont understand why we did this

Except they gave up relatively low turnout for a player with high upside. In this case they gave up a player with higher upside for lower upside. Granlund is a career 3rd liner and a World Junior stud. Other names of overhyped World Junior studs: Nino Niederreiter, Jim Waite and Andy Delmore

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Except they gave up relatively low turnout for a player with high upside. In this case they gave up a player with higher upside for lower upside. Granlund is a career 3rd liner and a World Junior stud. Other names of overhyped World Junior studs: Nino Niederreiter, Jim Waite and Andy Delmore

Yeah GM gave some song and dance about worrying if his offensive game would translate to the NHL, and trying to compete now to make the playoffs. I don't see how the Canucks think even with this trade that they are a threat to the top teams in the West. LA, Chicago, Dallas, all will murder them in a series. Makes more sense to hang onto the player with the high upside, even if your worried his offense won't translate. 

I suppose you could make the argument that if his offense doesn't translate he's a wasted asset. But it isn't like the return is that amazing. I don't know I think it's another trade in a list of trades that Vancouver consistently keeps making that I just don't understand. Similar to the Luongo/Schneider stuff of just confusing for me. Giving up your younger starting goalie to stick with Lou, then trading him so you can eventually get Ryan Miller, an aging starter? :P That franchise needs to rebuild imo. 

12 hours ago, Knight said:

Motherfucking Chicago.

And again. CHI gets Dale Weise and Tomas Fleischmann for Danault and a 2nd-rounder.

Montreal news are finally going to stop crying that there's no quebecer in the team.

1 hour ago, StevenStamkos91 said:

ouch hes out for the rest of the season? that's definitely not good. think the devils will try to replace him? 

No it's not worth it. He was the best scoring threat we had even at his age and the rest of the guys aren't ready. This year and last year weren't our seasons to make runs anyways. With Cory in net though they can build off of it for years to come.

Florida always traded for Jakub Kindl but he is a walking disaster at times.

Penguins grab Justin Schultz from the Oilers. Funny that this kid was the one who demanded so much on his rookie contract (ala Michael Crabtree WR w/49ers) because he is one of the worst defensemen I've seen in his own end. He made Petr Shirokov look good in his own end.

7 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Florida always traded for Jakub Kindl but he is a walking disaster at times.

Penguins grab Justin Schultz from the Oilers. Funny that this kid was the one who demanded so much on his rookie contract (ala Michael Crabtree WR w/49ers) because he is one of the worst defensemen I've seen in his own end. He made Petr Shirokov look good in his own end.

He should switch to wing and play with a defensively responsible center so that he can actually utilize his assets in a legit way. I agree with you in that he's simply too bad of a D in his own end to justify the position.