BC trip in November

frescoelmo

Looking to book a trip up to Vancouver for 4 days/3 nights next month...  Probably the 12-15th.  What's cool to check out there?  Any good neighborhoods to check out/stay?  I've been looking at a few places downtown in the West End, Yaletown, Gastown....  whatever.  Really though I'm just gonna drink for 3 days and see some rain.  Also would love to meet up with some of you clowns for drinks :cheers:

Looking to book a trip up to Vancouver for 4 days/3 nights next month...  Probably the 12-15th.  What's cool to check out there?  Any good neighborhoods to check out/stay?  I've been looking at a few places downtown in the West End, Yaletown, Gastown....  whatever.  Really though I'm just gonna drink for 3 days and see some rain.  Also would love to meet up with some of you clowns for drinks :cheers:

Good neighbourhoods? Those don't exist in Vancouver. But hey a stroll through Gastown is pretty historic. Head over to 21 Jump Street, head by The Pint for a couple 20oz'ers and then maybe head down Granville to see some nightlife. You pretty much stay on the main drag for anything after 9 PM. However, if you are bringing a women during the day hit up some of the little deli's or burger joints (Vera's, Babylon Cafe on Denman).

Maybe hit up Doulin's if you want a quick pint, as there are a couple pubs around that area as well. Gastown is good if you are told what each building used to be or currently is used for when they close. By that I mean I know of a few stores in that area that do "things" after hours.

Good neighbourhoods? Those don't exist in Vancouver. But hey a stroll through Gastown is pretty historic. Head over to 21 Jump Street, head by The Pint for a couple 20oz'ers and then maybe head down Granville to see some nightlife. You pretty much stay on the main drag for anything after 9 PM. However, if you are bringing a women during the day hit up some of the little deli's or burger joints (Vera's, Babylon Cafe on Denman).

Maybe hit up Doulin's if you want a quick pint, as there are a couple pubs around that area as well. Gastown is good if you are told what each building used to be or currently is used for when they close. By that I mean I know of a few stores in that area that do "things" after hours.

Yeah I think the lady friend is coming with...  we both have a few PTO days leftover and haven't been to Canada yet...  Maybe we'll take a day trip somewhere nature-like and go hiking?  No clue.

Yeah I think the lady friend is coming with...  we both have a few PTO days leftover and haven't been to Canada yet...  Maybe we'll take a day trip somewhere nature-like and go hiking?  No clue.

Tons of places. Grouse grind sure like Dollar said but its also kind of a tourist thing now so it's somewhat shitty. Hit up the Lions somehow, there are many different hikes up to them.

Go to Main St. and try a burger at Splits. Also you could hit up The Meet on Main, good lunch place. West 4th is your hipster area so thats where you will be most likely haha.

We're staying right downtown at the end of October. I'd stay there as you can get out to the things to see/do pretty easy from there.

Booked the trip last night, will be staying downtown just west of Yaletown.  Seemed to be close enough to a bunch of areas without breaking the bank.

• 5 years later...
On 10/10/2015 at 9:48 PM, frescoelmo said:

Awesome!