Why Simon Valmount should Win Top Rookie?

Ahma

Read this with care and look at the stats yourself if you want.

No matter what trophy we are talking about, every voter should look deeper in the stats and not focus only on the points! Look at the team they play for and everything else, and think…

First, let’s see how he did in the S45 regular season.

31G + 44A = 75 points. Not bad for a rookie? But compared to other Top Rookie candidates, it’s not nearly good enough. But what makes him special? Everything listed below…

Hits, he is 5th in the league’s hits. 302 hits, and when you look at the amount of penalty minutes he got, only 106 PIM. Hits/penalty minutes ratio is very good, usually a player with lots of hits has ton of penalty minutes. Also, Max Molholt and Aleksi Koponen, either one of them is nowhere near Valmount’s physicality (Molholt had 67 hits and Koponen had 23 hits). Both of them also have over 200 hits taken, when Valmount has only 110 hits taken.

Valmount has 18 star of the game nominations, when Koponen and Molholt both have only 13 star of the game nominations.

Valmount’s Stars of the Game #1 nominations: 8     #2 nominations: 5    #3 nominations: 5

Molholt’s Stars of the Game    #1 nominations: 7    #2 nominations: 3     #3 nominations: 3

Koponen’s Stars of the Game  #1 nominations: 6   #2 nominations: 6     #3 nominations: 1

Greg Clegane is overrated, look at the team he plays for, Helsinki has arguably one the best rosters.

Valmount didn’t get as much ice time per game compared to other two. Valmount averaged 27.26 minutes per game, Molholt 30.88 and Koponen 28.02 minutes per game.
Valmount also stands out with his 9 Game Winning Goals, when Molholt had 4 GWGs and Koponen 5 GWGs. 
Valmount played in a weaker line than Koponen, he had strong scoring wingers around him in the stacked Helsinki Titans squad, which was the best team in the regular season. 
Valmount played on a line with a very good center Devin Sundberg, left winger was Maxime Perron who was the worst forward in Davos (*TPE WISE*). 

Molholt played on a weak Toronto team, where many players could get many points and play well. His shot blocks also came with the team. 
Valmount had 37 shot blocks and Koponen had 32 shot blocks. 
Molholt’s plus minus is -41, Koponen’s is +49. Those both came with the team, Helsinki is very strong team and Toronto wasn’t that good team. 
Simon Valmount’s plus minus is the only thing based on that he should not get Top Rookie. Only +8, not that good when you look at the team he played for.
Valmount didn’t play on the best team in the league where you will get great success no matter what (Koponen played on the top 6). 
Neither Valmount didn’t play on the weaker Toronto team, where you would get ton of ice time and shot blocks, 
also score when you’re pretty much the only player there doing that (Molholt has 545 shots, one of the reasons why he has 52 goals)
Worth noting is also that both Max Molholt and Aleksi Koponen are GM players! And Simon Valmount is a first gen player!!

Recap: Valmount rocks at Stars Of The Game, Game Winning Goals, Hits/hits taken ratio, hits/PIM ratio. The difference what team makes! 

Edited by Ahma

if Kaminogi got robbed last ssn then YOU are gonna get robbed too IMO TBQH

voters can't vote, they are too one dimensional #OnlyPointsMatter

Edited by Ahma

Wow way to throw Perron under the bus :P

Though on that note you're only a +8 and have 18 PPP on a contender team. You guys got scored on alot it means. On the ice for 49 GA.

Comparatively, Kyanon is +31 with 57 points (12 from PPP) and I lead my team in blocks too and I double the amount of PK minutes you took. (270-135)

Conclusion: No idea haha, just wanted to boost my own stats. But I should get a rookie nomination too :D

Wow way to throw Perron under the bus :P

Though on that note you're only a +8 and have 18 PPP on a contender team. You guys got scored on alot it means. On the ice for 49 GA.

Comparatively, Kyanon is +31 with 57 points (12 from PPP) and I lead my team in blocks too and I double the amount of PK minutes you took. (270-135)

Conclusion: No idea haha, just wanted to boost my own stats. But I should get a rookie nomination too :D

Oh and I had to play with Dupont....ewwwwwwww

Edited by tfong

Wow way to throw Perron under the bus :P

Conclusion: No idea haha, just wanted to boost my own stats. But I should get a rookie nomination too :D

Oh and I had to play with Dupont....ewwwwwwww

No offense against Perron, but doesn't have much TPE. (I'm sorry JumpierPegasus)

I got PK time for the 1/3 season, AND I was in second defensive pairing PK line, I didn't get much PK time, I guess because Coach doesn't appreciate enough my defense.

Edited by Ahma

At least you had Sundberg on your line.

I had Dupont :P (if we're only counting TPE)

Actually its a very good statline you have (very similiar to XXX's rookie year too!) So who knows! I'm a proponent that hits without PIMS are pretty important.

• Senior Admin

People do look at stats other than points but with that being said, im not sure they will agree that the other things make up for a 20+ reduction in points vs the other two players (although I predict Clegane will take it anyways).

Also not sure if 'Koponen played on a good team' is a valid point for your case, tied for 2nd in scoring on the team with +49 so I would argue he played a pretty big role in making that team as good as it was. Also Davos is by no means a bad team.

Edited by Draper

People do look at stats other than points but with that being said, im not sure they will agree that the other things make up for a 20+ reduction in points vs the other two players (although I predict Clegane will take it anyways).

Also not sure if 'Koponen played on a good team' is a valid point for your case, tied for 2nd in scoring on the team with +49 so I would argue he played a pretty big role in making that team as good as it was. Also Davos is by no means a bad team.

Koponen had two scoring wingers, who both had high scoring and Koponen is a playmaker.

In the end I won't get Top Rookie because I don't have enough points! So points is all that matters. Hits doesn't matter in Top Rookie, unless I get like 400 hits...........

Ahma, hate to say it but the 3 Star selections in STHS are screwed up. It's hard to really judge based on those. A guy with 5 assists could lose out on first star to a guy with 2 goals and 1 assist, even though the team won 5-4.