Claimed:The fabled son finds an unusual spot. [Final: 6/6]

diamond_ace

Many were touting the prowess of Finnish sensation Kerkko Hyvarinen pre-draft, and even well into his first season. Some were even considering him a candidate for rookie of the year, and most assumed he'd be a top player from the draft. This seemed a logical conclusion to make - after all, Hyvarinen was from the reputable diamond_ace agency, an agency that while no hall of fame players had been produced, nonetheless made quite a name for itself in the past. However, it appears as though the agency's first bust is on its hands with Hyvarinen. Whether through misfortune, laziness, or just life getting in the way, Hyvarinen hasn't attended practices in quite some time and it's getting very worrying for his Calgary teammates. Rumor has it that the disappearance has little to do with Hyvarinen himself, and much more to do with agent diamond_ace. It is said that someone has entered his life who is rather important to him, and thus much of his free time is taken up, with little remaining to motivate his player to attend practices. Whether these rumors are true remains to be seen, but one way or another, something has been preventing Hyvarinen from going to practice as often as prior clients, or recently at all.

5322787442_6afd63e2d2.jpg

A figure has been spotted, lurking the back hallways and upper levels of the stands at Calgary's stadium, who appears to be the approximate height and weight of Hyvarinen. This figure, however, has been wearing sunglasses and a hoodie for all his appearances, and so his identity remains something of a secret. If it is Hyvarinen, the next question is if he's comfortable at a partial return, one with less than full activity, given his agency's past? With the diamond_ace agency it's always been full on activity all the time, so a full disappearance might be an easier pill to swallow pride-wise than a return where giving 100% is not guaranteed. Still though, occasional appearances at practice are still going to make Hyvarinen better than he is now, and that ought to be an option, if both the player and the agent can find a way to be comfortable with that.

False-Accusations.png

If Hyvarinen decides to come back, it's theoretically not too late for him to become a decent player, even if aspirations of the thousand-hour club have fallen by the wayside (a club, by the way, to which membership has just barely eluded all prior members of the agency). There are plenty of useful players who end up with 60-75% of that number, plenty of players whose careers still hold a decent trajectory and who can contribute toward the success of their teams in that way. For many of those players, that was always the height of their aspiration. For Hyvarinen, it would be all that is left to salvage of a career that once had much promise and has now gone so wrong. It only remains to be seen if this salvage project can make something of the player who otherwise stands to be one of the biggest busts in history.

Just be like my first player and come back from being inactive and make a solid career out of it :3

Yeah I'm going to hope for a 650-700 guy, I think that's still attainable, and just try to get over the fact that I'm now one of those guys. I always used to think that it was all out or nothing, so it's going to take a bit of work to get myself out of that mindset. If nothing else, I'll be more cap friendly

Content: 3/3 - Fun little article discussing Hyvarinen's possible return to full activity in the league.  Hope you come back bro!  It would be fun to see him obtain the same success as your previous players... It's not too late!  ~520.

Grammar: 2/2 - Pretty solid all around.

Appearance: 1/1 - Would like to see some color but I'll let it go.

6/6 OVR

Edited by frescoelmo

• DollarAndADream changed the title to The fabled son finds an unusual spot. [Final: 6/6]
  • DollarAndADream locked this topic
  • 4 weeks later...