Eaglesfan's Food for Thought (Thanksgiving Edition)

eaglesfan036

So Murica recently celebrated Thanksgiving, so I figured I would give my thoughts on this glorious holiday.

Turkey - The essential item of Thanksgiving. If you don't eat this with gravy, you are a loser. If you are a vegetarian, still eat turkey on Thanksgiving or you are unMurican.

Mashed Potatoes - The second essential item for Thanksgiving. You must plop lots of gravy on these bad boys too. Mixing this with the turkey, stuffing, and corn is encouraged for optimal results but not required.

Corn - All the Pilgrim pictures show them having corn on the cob, but my family always get corn not on the cob and just the regular corn thingies whatever they are called. Mixing corn with the mashed potatoes is the way to go.

Stuffing - Amazing. There was a mix up at my family's Thanksgiving, and no one brought the stuffing! We think it may have been my one Aunt who forgot. 

Bread - I enjoy dipping the bread in the mashed potatoes and gravy. I never butter my bread because I find it unnecessary

Desserts

Pumpkin Pie - The best kind of pie there is.

Apple Pie - A solid pie, not spectacular but it gets the job done.

Pies with nuts - Eew, way to dry

Peeps and etc. - My grandmom is obsessed with the Peeps candy, but the problem is most of my family doesn't like them. This time she brought some kind of weird strawberry Peep kind of things that tasted like Lucky Charms. I think I was one of the few who tried them

Cookies - Always solid, but home made tastes way better than corporate. 

Random Notes

- I played in my friend's family's Thanksgiving morning football game beforehand. It was a lot of fun but I must be getting old because I was really sore the past two days.

- For some reason, Thanksgiving Dinner is always supposed to be at 2. We broke that tradition to watch the Eagles game beforehand, which was a giant waste of time because they suck.

-We no longer have an abundance of really little cousins, only a few are really little now so our basement no longer gets destroyed.

- My 7 year old cousin plays grand theft auto regularly, and was telling me about shooting hookers. 

- We had some intense Fifa tournaments in my basement after dinner.

- No Ahma, we did not have porridge. 

Edited by eaglesfan036

• Will unpinned this topic