The Unfair Comparison

boubabi

Tom Brady vs  Peyton Manning
Larry Bird vs. Magic Johnson
Hunt vs Lauda
Arnold Palmer vs. Jack Nicklaus
Alex Ovechkin vs Sidney Crosby

Every major sport league had their great rivalries. What exactly is a rivalry ? Let me use google for you. "A competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field." A must say, what is a rival ? Again, google is here for us. "a person who is competing for the same object or goal as another, or who tries to equal or outdo another; competitor." Considering the time span of a VHL player is very short and older players often have an edge over younger players (due to the TPE gain) it's rather difficult to find a fair rival in a precise time span. So instead of following that guide line, I would rather compare 2 players who's been in the same "era" of the VHL. 2 Players who weren't stuck as a GM and had a relatively comparable path during their career. One of them is already a HoF and the other one will likely be a first ballot HoF too. Those 2 players dominated the league in their time and were pioneers as members too. If you haven't guessed yet, I'm speaking of Niklas Lindberg  Odin Tordahl and Thomas O'Malley. Some people may argue that wins are more important than points, or that whatever they've been in a good situation to perform, but the question remains the same, who would you take in your team first ? Prime time Tordahl or prime time O'Malley ? Let's make a quick comparison.

Since this is only a XM radio and I don't need this shit for my weekly TPE, I'll likely just make a quick summary of each player.

8468083.jpg
RW - ODIN TORDAHL (S33)

Birthplace: Lillehammer, Norway
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 199 lbs
Jersey Number: 10
Drafted: S33 (3rd Overall) TOR
Username: Boom

575 GP | 365 G - 414 A - 779 P | +312 | 4026 SHT | 63 GWG | 887 PIM | 1606 HIT | 207 SB 

3 Continental Cups 
1 Scott Boulet Trophy
1 Scotty Campbell Trophy
1 Brett Slobodzian Trophy 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

8473994.jpg
C- THOMAS O'MALLEY (S40)

Birthplace: Boston, Massachusetts
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 200 lbs
Jersey Number: 14
Drafted: S40 (1st Overall) COL
Username: Green

432GP | 279G - 388A - 667P | +276 | 2670 SHT | 53 GWG | 45 PIM | 45 HIT | 161SB *
* (Since S45)

2 Continental Cups
3 Brett Slobodzian Trophy
2 Scotty Campbell Trophy
1 Daisuke Kanou Trophy

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

So, who do you take in your team ? Prime time Tordahl or prime time O'Malley ?
Let me know in the comment section and if you are looking for more comparison. 

hits in my opinion are so overrated. by hitting another player that means the team didnt have the puck and thats bad. and we also just see them as hits. we dont see what happens after the hit. is it like real life hockey when someone takes a hit but makes a nice outlet pass in the process? 

FO > Hits

O'Malley has the better award case, but he also had an easier era to win them.

Tordahl has a more complete statistical profile (although O'Malley has time to pass him).

Hits vs. Discipline seems like the obvious debate here.

I think I take O'Malley for the simple reason that their resumes are pretty close and center is a more important position.  Ideally, teams should build through the middle, and it is for that reason that I take O'Malley.