{FM16) Multiplayer Game!

Tagger

We seem to have gathered some interest at the idea of a VHL multiplayer FM16 game in the recent months, so I just figured we should start a thread here and get talking about who is interested in joining and what directions we could take with it. 

If you're interested in joining, post a reply and I'll add you to the list. Also, feel free to suggest more game ideas for us to use or state your preferences from the ones already listed!

Currently Interested

YEAH!

StevenStamkos91

Game Ideas

Big EPL Teams - We each take control of our pick of the top 7 EPL Teams in an online game

Fantasy Draft - We use the new fantasy draft feature to select our own teams.

Community Save - We do an offline game where we each sim a select amount of time in the game before handing it over to the next player on the list. 

1 minute ago, gorlab said:

do we need to own FM16 for this ???

For some of the options, such as the online game options, yeah you'd need a copy of the game.

For some of the offline game options, we could probably get away with having people without the game tell people with the game what they want doing, although people without the game would obviously not have as much free access to information that the ones that do have the game will do. 

1 hour ago, XaviYEAH! Woods said:

May as well tag @boom and @diamond_ace as well since they've played FM in the past.

Also @solas since he's a big Spurs fan.

I would play but I don't have FM16 (or that much FM experience, really).  Although this does seem interesting, so I'd definitely follow along if you guys post occasional updates.

I´m a lazy gamer, I´m usually doing punch of other things while playing FM :P Also the time difference might be a problem since I live in Finland.  That community save thing sounds like the best idea for me. ( I´m more than happy to just read the the topic here and see how you guys are doing though ;) )

33 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

I´m a lazy gamer, I´m usually doing punch of other things while playing FM :P Also the time difference might be a problem since I live in Finland.  That community save thing sounds like the best idea for me. ( I´m more than happy to just read the the topic here and see how you guys are doing though ;) )

Well, I'm not sure about Stamkos, but I live in the UK, so I'm not actually that different from yourself in terms of timezone. I do like the idea of a community save though, since at least that way if people buy the game later on, they can always join in when they get it.

Edited by XaviYEAH! Woods

1 minute ago, XaviYEAH! Woods said:

Well, I'm not sure about Stamkos, but I live in the UK, so I'm not actually that different from yourself in terms of timezone. I do like the idea of a community save though, since at least that way if people buy the game later on, they can always join in when they get it.

Aah nice! Well then we got 2 hour difference :P 

On 22/12/2015 at 4:39 AM, jRuutu said:

Aah nice! Well then we got 2 hour difference :P 

im in Pacific Time Zone in British Columbia lol.

also if no one else wants to join @XaviYEAH! Woods we should do a rivalry thing, we could be Manchester United vs Manchester City or Liverpool vs Everton, Barca vs Real, Bayern vs Dortmund

Edited by StevenStamkos91

Yeah, I think community save all in all would be the best idea. It allows us to let new people join whenever they get the game and we won't have to take timezones into account. 

So, for some ideas for community saves:

- Porto (Always a save I like doing, Porto are a team who expect to win the Portuguese League, but that's become a more difficult challenge with SLB's wealth and the re-emergence of Sporting Lisbon. The big challenge however is keeping your team's finances in control as the TV and League Prize money will not be enough to keep you afloat. You'll need to sell players for big money and progress in Europe to keep the books balanced.)

- Red Star Belgrade (Never played as them before, but seems like a good idea based on current events. They have some phenomenal young talents on the team in Jovic, Grujic and Ristic, and in real life they've already won their league with 8 games to spare. However the real challenges would be turning domestic success into european dominance while also dealing with the financial issues that the club have and the bigger teams attempting to pinch your younger players)

7 hours ago, XaviYEAH! Woods said:

Yeah, I think community save all in all would be the best idea. It allows us to let new people join whenever they get the game and we won't have to take timezones into account. 

So, for some ideas for community saves:

- Porto (Always a save I like doing, Porto are a team who expect to win the Portuguese League, but that's become a more difficult challenge with SLB's wealth and the re-emergence of Sporting Lisbon. The big challenge however is keeping your team's finances in control as the TV and League Prize money will not be enough to keep you afloat. You'll need to sell players for big money and progress in Europe to keep the books balanced.)

- Red Star Belgrade (Never played as them before, but seems like a good idea based on current events. They have some phenomenal young talents on the team in Jovic, Grujic and Ristic, and in real life they've already won their league with 8 games to spare. However the real challenges would be turning domestic success into european dominance while also dealing with the financial issues that the club have and the bigger teams attempting to pinch your younger players)

thatd be fun. a Benfica vs Porto