Claimed:A Man With A Plan [Reviewed]

Evans

The Brampton Blades of the VHLM underwhelmed this season. Finishing with a record of 18-47 this season, Brampton's minor league franchise found themselves in the weird predicament of being terrible but not owning their own pick for the draft. Despite the large turnover in yearly rosters because of the draft and the waiver wire, it appears upper management was not confident in the current regime's game plan. Prior to the VHLM Cup series even being completed, the Brampton Blades have fired their GM. The announcement went public late Monday night. Despite being a franchise that did not see much success last season, the Blades had several candidates knocking on their door to try and turn this franchise back around. After a couple of interviews, the Blades were able to find their guy less than 24 hours after the firing of the previous management. The Brampton Blades hired none other than Brody Bryant.

Vince_McMahon.jpg

Brody Bryant may not be a familiar name among the VHLM but Bryant has found much success in other professional sports leagues around the world. Bryant has won three championships in two different sports since he ventured into this business several years ago. Most notably known for his current run with the Philadelphia Prowlers of the Simulation Basketball Association, Bryant won two championships almost ten seasons ago. His most recent title run came in the form of managing a football team. As the GM of the Toronto Wolves of the then World Football League (now Web Football League), Bryant kicked off the inaugural season by winning the championship. Bryant stepped down from the Wolves in his second season to focus more on the SBA team he manages. Now, it seems like Bryant has the itch to take on a second team again.

This is going to be something very new for me, but I'm excited to get out there and see what I am able to build with this team. Hockey has never been a sport I thought I would venture into, but when the opportunity presented itself, I had to take it. The VHLM allows me to get my foot in the door of this business and show what I am capable of. The goal is to one day be a VHL GM, but that is more of a long term goal. Right now, I want to turn Brampton into a perennial contender and win a championship. We don't have our own draft pick this season, but I believe we will be able to build later in the draft and by using picks to bring in proven talent. I have never liked the idea of relying on the draft to build and I may venture into that territory once again. I refuse to settle for mediocrity with this team. I'm not here to make a profit for the owner, I'm here to win championships.

Bryant addressed the second job in a brief session Tuesday night prior to his introductory press conference on Wednesday.

I'm not going to pull any punches. I plan on holding my players accountable and get the maximum effort from them so we can produce on the ice. I personally will be hiring a coach that I feel can bring a team together and win a cup in the two year stint that I get with this team. Also while I am here, I'm going to see what the hell I can do to get that two year and done rule lifted for me. I plan on being around here until I am able to make the jump to the pros.

Bryant addressed his plans for the roster come draft time.

Well, I am always the type of guy to think three or four moves ahead. Scenarios are always playing out in my head and I try to think of the perfect ways to handle them and counter the other teams. I think I am going to get a leg up on the competition by announcing now that the Brampton Blades has used our exclusive franchise player tender of Titan Kronos. This means that he will not be entered in the draft and immediately become the property of Brampton. We knew there were a couple teams looking at drafting him in the first so we felt this would be the best time to go and make sure he is ours. Good luck to the other GMs this season. I look forward to wheelin' and dealin' with each of you.

McMahonZeroToleranceGIF.gif

4 minutes ago, Victor said:

I'm not sure if that last bit is allowed in the VHLM. Or maybe it is now.

Damn it, I asked someone if I get my player for free and they said yes lol

1 minute ago, Evans said:

Check the PM again. You said I didn't have to use a pick on him :P

oh hahahaha

Depending on the wording, it is correct that you don't have to use a pick on him. I thought you were asking if you would be forced to draft him :))

But no you don't get him for free either

54 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

oh hahahaha

Depending on the wording, it is correct that you don't have to use a pick on him. I thought you were asking if you would be forced to draft him :))

But no you don't get him for free either

Makes sense. Any idea what round pick I have to use on him?

4 minutes ago, Evans said:

Makes sense. Any idea what round pick I have to use on him?

You do not have to draft your own player. It is your choice if you want to or not. I haven't looked into the VHLM draft much but I would assume he goes in the 1st round

4 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

You do not have to draft your own player. It is your choice if you want to or not. I haven't looked into the VHLM draft much but I would assume he goes in the 1st round

He's definitely not getting past me, I can tell ya that!

1 minute ago, Evans said:

Would be a shame if Kronos decided to bank all his TPE if he isn't in Brampton :ph34r:

Wouldn't be a shame, just a dick move. Ottawa drafted LSP my first year as Oslo GM and I won VHLM MVP. Two ways to go about it I guess.

Review:

great article. The use of the quotes is always cool to see, as well as the extra color. I didn't know you were a GM in the SBA (I'm a new AD there myself ;) ). Being a GM seems to be easy to pick up, and since you aren't just some new guy, it should be easy for you. I would wish you luck, but I need Saskatoon and Bratislava to make the finals :ph34r:

745 words :D