Projecting Season Standings

CoachReilly

Guessing the Season Standings Based on Number of Posts in the Team Forum

I have a simple theory that the best teams have the highest number of posts in their team forum -- not the locker room necessarily, but the actual team forum, where rosters and update threads are kept.  This is logically based on two premises -- (1) the more players you have the better your team likely is, and (2) the more update posts you have, the better your team is.  Without further ado, congrats to the New York Americans on back to back championships. The numbers don't lie.

New York Americans - NA - 791 Posts

Helsinki Titans - EU - 718 Posts

Stockholm Vikings - EU - 606 Posts

Toronto Legion - NA - 574 Posts

Seattle Bears - NA - 452 Posts

HC Davos Dynamo - EU - 403 Posts

Cologne Express - EU - 294 Posts

Riga Reign - EU - 233 Posts

Quebec City Meute - NA - 132 Posts

Calgary Wranglers - NA - 50 Posts

I plan on tracking this all season long and will put the teams' rankings to the right of their cumulative posts.  I will also sometimes post shit about how flawed my logic is.  It actually looks pretty good right now - the top 5 teams are definitely represented well.

Off the top, the two things that would seem to throw a monkey wrench into your calculation would be teams that have a high number of welfare players (meaning less TPE per update, though high number of update posts), and teams with a high number of older depreciated players that aren't necessarily better than the 3rd or 4th year guys. 

Also, teams are nowhere near updated - such as Light and Campbell's update threads currently in the NY forum, and Wingate's currently in Stockholm and not Toronto.

WTF commishes do your damn jobs. Also I agree that many variables are not accounted for. Just thought this would be entertaining.

2 hours ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Off the top, the two things that would seem to throw a monkey wrench into your calculation would be teams that have a high number of welfare players (meaning less TPE per update, though high number of update posts), and teams with a high number of older depreciated players that aren't necessarily better than the 3rd or 4th year guys. 

Also, teams are nowhere near updated - such as Light and Campbell's update threads currently in the NY forum, and Wingate's currently in Stockholm and not Toronto.

Edited by CoachReilly

1 minute ago, CoachReilly said:

WTF commishes do your damn jobs

Well in all fairness those are moves that happen fairly instant during the off-season. I have been doing the majority of player thread moving this off-season because I am an "Asshole" and like to do things without being asked too.