Legion Are Rolling [Reviewed]

Hate It Or Love It

Is it a surprise that the Toronto Legion are on top of the league right now? Maybe, maybe not. But, the big numbers really are the ones that have been putting them there. The Legion are standing with a record of 12-0-0, still undefeated on the season and with more goals scored by any team. Toronto has scored 56 goals, and the next best team in that category are the Seattle Bears, sitting with 16 less at 40. With only 12 games played, that's pretty huge stat to consider. With newcomer Legionite Hans Wingate in net, Toronto also has one of the least amount of goals against, with 23, and that's only 1 more than 1st place in that category belonging to New York and Helsinki.

Sure, we're only 12 games in, but it's hard not to look at the impressive stats thus far for Toronto. In the goals category for the entire VHL, the top three spots belong to the Legion. Zach Parechkin, Max Molholt, and LeAndre St. Pierre all have scored 13 goals, with Helsinki's Wolfgang Strauss the next best with 10.

Assists-wise, leading the league is another member of the team, with defenseman Francis York Morgan at 19 assists. FYM is new to the team this season, and is showing GM Molholt that he made the right decision in bringing him into the blue colours. There's also Zach Parechkin in 10th with 11 assists, but Morgan far out-shines him there. Zach is more of a goal scorer.

-------------------------------

vanriemsdyk.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

Although he's not in the system as a center, Max Molholt is in that position this season and is leading all centers with 22 points. Edwin Reencarnacion has 20 points, so he's not far behind and it wouldn't be surprising at all if that remained a close race all season. Gifford Shock is not far behind with 17 points either, and there's three other players right behind him with 15 points, which are Sir William Covington III, Unassisted, and Severin von Karma.

Standing front and center in the left wing position is none other than Zach Parechkin, somebody that people might have already gotten tired of hearing over the past few seasons. Shawn Muller could be one of those people. Parechkin has 24 points, which is 5 greater than Wolfgang Strauss and Freedom McJustice behind him at 19. The next best after that are Quebec's Tom Lincoln and Stockholm's Lord Karnage with 16 points.

Next up is the right wing slot, with LeAndre St. Pierre up top with 23 points. LSP made his debut last season in huge fashion, being a runner up for the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy. This season he is performing in spades so far, with the players behind him being 5 points behind, Niels Skovgaard and Shawn Muller. LSP is on a 12 game point streak as well, meaning he has not had a game without one. When will that be? I wonder if I jynxed it.

940-gardiner-jake.jpg

Just like in the assists column, Francis York Morgan also leads all defensemen in points. FYM has 4 goals and 19 assists, for a sum of 23 points in 12 games. Arcturus Mengsk is the runner up in that category with 19 points, and last season's top rookie Joel Jarvi is right behind him.

Not surprisingly, considering what I've currently brought up, the top ten plus/minus players in the VHL are almost all from the Toronto Legion. 7 of them are in the top ten, with Max Molholt being better than all.

Toronto's 1st Overall choice in this past draft is also leading all rookies, as Black Velvet has braced their blue line and quickly become a stud.  Although with 16 points, there are rookies close behind him, with Sir William Covington III only 1 behind, and Unassisted being 1 behind him.

kadri940.jpg

There's one area where surprisingly a Legion player is not one of the tops, and that's in the hits category. Zach Parechkin has not been there. He has 27 hits so far this season, and that's nowhere near the top ten. The VHL's best is Simon Valmount with 67, and even 10th overall is 40 hits. Toronto's Jack Kowalski is holding down 8th with 44. Parechkin obviously hasn't been hitting as much as we are used to, but it has helped the team in a big way considering that he is sitting on top in offensive categories. The question would be I suppose, would you rather him behind hitting more and scoring less? The Legion definitely don't look like they necessarily need him being that physical, but the fact is he is used to being a scorer, so it fits him better.

Hans Wingate. I mention that name and VHL fans will already know what that means. No, he's not in any of the top categories officially, so that must mean he sucks. Truth is, he has not played the minimum amount of games yet because Toronto has been giving half of them to TOR G to get that out of the way. In 6 games this season, Hans leads the VHL, not surprisingly. He has a .947% save percentage, a 1.32 goals against average, and 2 shutouts. The Legion can only hope for him to continue putting up those legendary numbers.

This breakdown has gone on long enough. I did not think I would keep writing this much. Too much text wall.

• FacePuncher changed the title to Legion Are Rolling [Reviewed]

Review:

another interesting report about the Legion! I do enjoy hearing about them, though since im on Seattle now i dont like hearing about there success as much lol. still saying that you guys passing on Podarok with that first overall pick will come back to haunt you.

902 words :D