Claimed:S49 Draft Will Be Very Interesting [Reviewed]

Season 49 VHL Entry Draft 

While the fact that I have tons of picks for this upcoming draft probably plays a role in my interest for it, I still find it to be fascinating. There is no clear cut number one pick in the draft, there are lots of potential great players who could also bust, there are some safe picks that have lower ceilings, lots of first gen depth covering the lower part of the draft, and the league's fascinating abundance of goalies. Let's get to it!

1st Overall Pick

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRq8IsZ1qGfdODPvJoTAk_

In my eyes, there are four legitimate candidates for 1st overall. Bobby Digital has the most tpe in the draft and is coming off a solid player, so you can expect him to earn a good chunk of tpe. However, @gorlab is a bit of a controversial member, which might scare some GMs off, especially if they are convinced he will sign with Boubabi in Stockholm at his first chance. The next candidate for 1st overall is Pietro Maximoff, coming from the infamous @Green agency. If Green could guarantee his old activity, he would probably be the surefire first overall pick coming off one of the best VHL players ever. However, Green has stated he is probably going to be more a welfare player this time around, making him a safer pick with a lower ceiling. Additionally, Green is the only forward candidate for 1st overall, so if they team possessing that pick needs a forward he is probably their man. The third candidate for first overall is Titan Kronos from the @Evans agency. Kronos is a promising first gen who has shown sparks of great activity and is currently a VHLM GM. If he continues his activity I'm sure he will turn into a great player, but as a first gen he is a bit more of a wild-card than some more "trustworthy" recreates. Lastly, the major wild card candidate for first overall is defensemen Ted Doughty from the @Jala agency. Jala has shown he can earn massive amounts of tpe and be a good teammate when he is active, but many GMs probably are wary of him after his quick departure from the league with his previous player. 

Goalies

MichaelLeighton11-300x199.jpg

If anyone not named Flyersfan can tell me who this is they get Eaglesfan points

There are two active goalies in this draft in Sven Wolf and AK47, who have the 6th and 7th most earned tpe respectively. Because of his consistency with his past goalie, I think it's safe to say @Banackock probably holds the edge for the first goalie drafted. In an ordinary time, Wolf might also be a contender for first overall if lots of teams need goalies, but that is not the case as most spots are filled for the future. Also, my birdies have whispered to me that Wolf may become a GM player in a short while and be removed from the draft entirely. This may leave @701 to fill whatever goalie void remains. While AK47 is off to a good start so far, it will be interesting to see if any GMs are wary of him due to his past players. 

It appears I have hit the word goal so there isn't much point in me continuing further. My next article will cover some of the "safe" lower round picks, some of the first gens who look to fill out the lower rounds, and I will look into the goalie situation a little further. I hope you all enjoyed reading about this fascinating draft. 

Review:

Glad to see some more draft articles. Should be interesting as you said. Didn't notice any grammar issues or anything like that, good use of the one picture and tagging those involved to promote discussion.  That's all I got this review.

Edited by evrydayimbyfuglien

• evrydayimbyfuglien changed the title to S49 Draft Will Be Very Interesting [Reviewed]
  • 4 weeks later...