S48 VHL Trivia: Week 6 Results

Victor

• Admin

Part B here really tested some members' resolve, which is reflected in the updated standings at the bottom. A particular shame that some found 16, just one off the right answer.

Coming later today -  the 2nd annual Continental Cup finals special!

PART A!

1. Which goaltender holds the record for lowest single-season goals-against average? (Credit to DollarAndADream)
A. Some have come close since, but no one has matched CAL G's 1.60 tally from S27.

2. Only two players have played sub-300 games in their careers and made the HOF, who are they? (Credit to Kendrick)
A. The very first two inducted, Petr Shirokov and Matthew Pogge.

3. Which member has been the original General Manager of more than one VHL franchise? (Credit to sterling)
A. Kendrick founded Seattle in S1 (as the Everblades) and then Cologne in S41.

4. What VHL member won the S41 Graphics Rank tournament? (Credit to gorlab)
A. boubabi: http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/18721-s41-graphic-rank-pay/

PART B!

How many goaltenders have won both the Founder's and Continental Cups?
A. Based on most of the answers, it's 17. I would've gone through and double checked but Phil has kindly provided a spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/140cZE1a3oEqzKnIp6hSmZpAlfcchxvNmQH12DML8l0Q/edit#gid=0
Remarkably no goalie with more than 1 Continental Cup has won the Founder's Cup.

1 capped TPE goes to:
Beketov
CowboyinAmerica
DollarAndADream
evrydayimbyfuglien
fever95
gorlab
JardyB10
hedgehog337
Phil
solas
Smarch
Streetlight
Velevra

1 uncapped TPE goes to:
DollarAndADream
Kendrick
sterling
gorlab

:cheers::vhl:

Standings going into the finals:

fever95 - 10

Phil - 10

Beketov - 9
CowboyinAmerica - 9
Green - 8
DollarAndADream - 8
solas - 8
Streetlight - 8
gorlab - 7

hedgehog337 - 6
JardyB10 - 6
Velevra - 6
sterling - 6
StevenStamkos91 - 6
evrydayimbyfuglien - 5

Kendrick - 5
Smarch - 5

Jala - 4
701 - 2
ADwyer87 - 2
Bojo - 2
Mike - 2
Molholt - 2
STZ - 2
Tsbagsuph - 2
brovy - 1
bukss_a - 1
Eggy216 - 1
Dangles13 - 1

• Admin
8 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Yeah. So was there an easier way to get Part B that I didn't think of? I wasn't about to go through and analyze every single champion from both VHL and VHLM from the past 47 seasons and make a spreadsheet.

Not until Phil took one for the team, no.

1 hour ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Yeah. So was there an easier way to get Part B that I didn't think of? I wasn't about to go through and analyze every single champion from both VHL and VHLM from the past 47 seasons and make a spreadsheet.

I just mostly went through the VHLM champions and checked if there was any significant names I recognized, then double-checked a couple of the VHL champions to see if I missed any.  But I'm a college student so I have a lot of free time anyways.

I did miss the answer by one though, so maybe my method wasn't as reliable. :P

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Search function. Still involved going into every championship team but saved going into the founders cup ones as well. I just went in and checked which goalie one the cup, then searched their name in the founder's cup section. If it came up as no results than they didn't win.

It was time consuming and obviously I missed 1 at some point (I'm guessing I thought I counted someone when I hadn't actually) but not nearly as bad as checking every win if both cups and then cross referencing.

Edited by Beketov

6 hours ago, solas said:

I just mostly went through the VHLM champions and checked if there was any significant names I recognized, then double-checked a couple of the VHL champions to see if I missed any.  But I'm a college student so I have a lot of free time anyways.

I did miss the answer by one though, so maybe my method wasn't as reliable. :P

pretty much same