9) Moscow Red Wolves - Kendrick E. Tsbagsuph-Diks, LW 
10) Yukon Rush - Izidors Balders, D
11) Brampton Blades - Hèctor de la Riva, D
12) Bern Royals - J.J. Dynamite, RW 
13) Bern Royals (from Saskatoon) - Misha Tobolsk, D
14) Oslo Storm - Alexander Kachur II, D
15) Yukon Rush (from Ottawa) - Jake Steel, RW
16) Moscow Red Wolves (from Bratislava) - Joe Shenanigans, D

So just out of curiosity (as well as boredom), I've decided to do a Season 49 VHLM mock draft.  I don't know exactly how accurate it is (just hedging my bets here in case it's bad), but I've based this off of team needs and TPE - you'll notice that a lot of the picks here are in descending order of TPE.  There are a couple shakeups though.  Those of you who also saw my TPE rankings last week may notice Sven Wolf's absence, and that's because I think he'll probably be at 200 TPE by the team Season 49 starts - so I don't think he'll play another season in the VHLM.  Odinsson might be very close but it looks like he'll be under the mark - which probably means he'll have a dominant season in the VHLM next year should that happen.

You'll also notice that Yukon's picks don't fully follow the TPE trend - that's because of Victor's new strategy of only drafting first-gens.  And this is a pretty good draft to start implementing that strategy, as Donovan, Åkerfeldt, and Balders look like they're gonna be pretty good players.  I struggled a bit with Yukon's second round pick as Jake Steel's been inactive for around a month and a half at the time of my writing this.  Balders could very easily go higher due to activity, but Åkerfeldt being a goalie might make her a higher priority.  Overall though I think it's clear to see which teams in this draft will be looking to be contenders in S49 (Moscow, Yukon, Brampton, Bern) along with which teams will probably be moving towards future drafts (Saskatoon, Oslo, Ottawa, Bratislava).  I don't know exactly how this draft is going to go, but it looks like next season will be interesting in not just the VHL, but the VHLM as well since there don't seem to be any clear favorites.

Always find the goalies super interesting - the best teams typically have an active goalie. And if Sven Wolf and AK47 are up in the majors, Åkerfeldt's easily the best VHLM goalie next year. Could see her going even higher, possibly to one of those Bern picks or maybe to Yukon #2 if Victor thinks Asher could drop.

3 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Always find the goalies super interesting - the best teams typically have an active goalie. And if Sven Wolf and AK47 are up in the majors, Åkerfeldt's easily the best VHLM goalie next year. Could see her going even higher, possibly to one of those Bern picks or maybe to Yukon #2 if Victor thinks Asher could drop.

I actually could definitely see Åkerfeldt and Donovan switching positions.  And the part about her becoming the best goalie in the VHLM seems like it'll be spot-on, especially considering AK47 has moved to winger now.

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

What? Isnt Kendrick E in the VHL draft? Or did they mess up again and someone going to draft a guy ineligible 

Waiver pick-ups during S48 going into S49 VHLM draft. So there are players drafted in both leagues in the same off-season.

Also, on that note I thought I'd mention that Odinsson also looks likely to hit 200 TPE before next season as well.  So Moscow probably won't be picking him.  That'll probably switch things around among the lottery picks.

Edited by solas

1 minute ago, Victor said:

Waiver pick-ups during S48 going into S49 VHLM draft. So there are players drafted in both leagues in the same off-season.

Ahhh okay thanks for clearing that up didnt want a Titan Kronos problem again