Claimed:Kyanon Joins Elite at World Cup and Steps into the Free Agency Market [Reviewed]

Baozi

Kyanon Joins Elite at World Cup and Steps into the Free Agency Market

www.TheHockeyNews.com

Ryan+McDonagh+Philadelphia+Flyers+v+New+

Despite keeping a low profile for the most part, the deadly puck moving abilities of Biggu Kyanon have been known to the rest of the hockey world for quite some time now. But even when picked for Team World in the World Cup Tournament, people may not have been expecting for him to lead the team in scoring.

“Kyanon hasn’t always gotten the media attention around the league as he does here in New York. He just goes about his business and helps the team win as best he can but he is as dangerous as anyone else in the league on that blue line right now.” – Anonymous Scout

There is a little bit of truth in that. Slight in stature and not known to make any highlight reel hits or fights, Kyanon doesn’t come across as being a top flight defenseman, especially when the league emphasizes heavily on hitting as a defensive measurement. But the smooth skating offensive dynamo is as solid as any other dman in his own end in preventing and breaking up opposition chances to get goals against his team. Combine that with a league leading 67 assists and leading the blueline in New York in scoring the last two seasons and one wonders how there just isn’t much talk about him outside of certain circles.

Certainly the S48 World Cup tournament may force others to take notice for more than one reason. The first reason is that Kyanon has been playing absolutely spectacularly alongside Arcturus Mengsk of the Seattle Bears. An unforeseen bond has formed between the two players and they have been a driving force behind Team World. Kyanon himself is pacing Team World with 4 points in his first two games including the game winning goal against the United States. The second interesting fact is that Kyanon is a free agent this season after playing 4 seasons with the New York Americans. Teams are basically getting a free preview on the world stage of the defenseman that won the top defenseman award in the World Cup tournament in S46 and seeing if and where he can fit into their various teams.

ryan_mcdonagh.jpg

Coming off a career season where he posted 85 points in 72 games and leading the league in assists enroute, Kyanon has gone into the off-season without signing an extension with New York.

“I don’t have any qualms or issues to returning to New York actually. But I want to explore all my options and see what is available to me before I commit my future regardless of it being a short or long contract at this time. There are a few things for me to consider, winning is typically a priority, but I have some other personal goals to achieve as well.  I want to give the New York Americans organization thanks for being patient with me and giving me the freedom to go over my options without undue pressure.” - Kyanon

Kyanon is entering his prime in his 5th season in the VHL and has proven his worth in all facets of the game.  His 20 points in 22 career playoff games will undoubtedly interest teams looking to add a proven playoff performer and Kyanon is durable and able to match up against the top forwards in the VHL due to good stickwork and positioning as shown by his career plus/minus +151.

Ryan+McDonagh+Evgeny+Dadonov+Florida+Pan

Edited by tfong

1 hour ago, tfong said:

“I don’t have any qualms or issues to returning to New York actually. But I want to explore all my options and see what is available to me before I commit my future regardless of it being a short or long contract at this time. There are a few things for me to consider, winning is typically a priority, but I have some other personal goals to achieve as well.  I want to give the New York Americans organization thanks for being patient with me and giving me the freedom to go over my options without undue pressure.” - Kyanon

:hmm::tor:

Review:

nice article! Glad to see you made the right decision ;) seems like you are dedicated to making your player a baller(would it be considered a pucker in this instance?) also congrats on your success in the World Cup tournament so far!

563 words :D

( @evrydayimbyfuglien)

• evrydayimbyfuglien changed the title to Kyanon Joins Elite at World Cup and Steps into the Free Agency Market [Reviewed]