NYA Retired Numbers

• Admin

ello ello, potential TPE to be had here!

we've got some dead retired numbers banners here: http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/864-new-york-americans-retired-numbers/

here is the information for the missing guys:

#39 Jonsson S10-S14
#17 Hakkinen S18-S25
#14 Night S1-S5
#10 Best S7-S10
#10 Azevedo S11-S15

now the trick is that these are old players so the current NYA logo doesn't apply for them.

Night was a Hamilton Canuck so this is his logo: http://s118.photobucket.com/user/pombo22/media/Canucks.png.html

The other 4 had the first NYA logo which was the Saginaw Spirit logo obviously with New York Americans text: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/90/Saginaw_Spirit_Logo.svg/1280px-Saginaw_Spirit_Logo.svg.png

Now it's up to you if you want to change the text on that logo and stick to the old retired number template or go the way of Tordahl and Low and avoid using the logo altogether. It doesn't really matter as you can see New York's banners are all over the place. And Hakkinen used to be the current logo anyway even though it only existed for his last 2 seasons.

@Advantage @Streetlight may also wish to weigh in.

Please do help though, you will be rewarded. :cheers: 

Here's two versions of the Night banner with different outlines on the name (the first one is meant to look like it would on a jersey, whereas the second is made to match the rest of the text):

APywgP1.png

VlpHxbX.png

I'll see what I can do for the NYA logo/rest of the banners.

• Admin
On 5/30/2016 at 10:02 PM, solas said:

Here's two versions of the Night banner with different outlines on the name (the first one is meant to look like it would on a jersey, whereas the second is made to match the rest of the text):

APywgP1.png

VlpHxbX.png

I'll see what I can do for the NYA logo/rest of the banners.

Good stuff. Any luck with NYA? Alternative versions of the banners are fine, maybe with the small emoticon logo involved :oldnya: 

3 hours ago, Victor said:

Good stuff. Any luck with NYA? Alternative versions of the banners are fine, maybe with the small emoticon logo involved :oldnya: 

Not really, no.  I thought I remembered what the font was, but it looked wrong whenever I tried it.  I'll probably work on some alternative banners with smaller logos either today or tomorrow.  

8 hours ago, Victor said:

Actually, on second thought I might have something here.  I'll post it once I'm done.

9 minutes ago, Molholt said:

I have a template for these somewhere and so does @Draper I believe.

Someone should re-do all of NY's ones that don't match, I think Draper wanted them all to be the same if I recall. (I.e., all banners)

I'm generally following the template that was used for all of the older banners (pretty much the first thirty seasons or so, same way as the banners for the cup winners).  Although I do really like the banners that Boubabi made - the Tordahl & Low ones for the Americans + McQueen & Szatkowski Jr. ones for Riga.

EDIT: Speaking of Riga, I noticed that they had some more lower-quality banners (with the wrong colors) for Julien and St. Urho.  I remember making some a couple years ago so if anyone wants to use them instead, here they are:

JT7XBmb.pngPnEAsJB.png

Edited by solas

So right now I don't think I'm done with the Americans logo, but I am pretty close.  The "New York" text needs a bit of adjusting (italic text on an arch doesn't look very good and I'm pretty sure the original logo used a different font) and I still need to fix some outlines, but I probably won't be able to get back to working on it until tomorrow.  Here's what I have so far:

zIXs7oF.png

Edited by solas

12 hours ago, solas said:

So right now I don't think I'm done with the Americans logo, but I am pretty close.  The "New York" text needs a bit of adjusting (italic text on an arch doesn't look very good and I'm pretty sure the original logo used a different font) and I still need to fix some outlines, but I probably won't be able to get back to working on it until tomorrow.  Here's what I have so far:

zIXs7oF.png

:applaud:

• Admin
13 hours ago, solas said:

zIXs7oF.png

You da gawd

• Admin
4 minutes ago, solas said:

I couldn't think of a better way to do the "New York" text, so I just left it and adjusted the outlines.  Here's a full-sized version, let me know if anything needs fixing:  http://i.imgur.com/NFIQ0zg.png

Banners will be done soon.

It's great as it is. I mean, it definitely looked different somehow in the past but I'm not sure if better. Solid work.

Banners are done!

0B1km2o.pngbFlBtWK.png9JaGnkd.pngeAG8FYp.png

20 minutes ago, Victor said:

It's great as it is. I mean, it definitely looked different somehow in the past but I'm not sure if better. Solid work.

Thanks!  I'm sure it's different, but this is the best I can remember of what it looked like.  Plus I think it's certainly close enough to be at least recognizable.

• Admin
7 minutes ago, solas said:

Banners are done!

0B1km2o.pngbFlBtWK.png9JaGnkd.pngeAG8FYp.png

Thanks!  I'm sure it's different, but this is the best I can remember of what it looked like.  Plus I think it's certainly close enough to be at least recognizable.

:ilikethis:

Yeah I mean it's not like we have anything to compare to any more. :P 

3 TPE to you, unless @Draper feels more generous.

Also just scrolled up and saw your edit about Stockholm Rams. Mike scaled down the banners at some point and it's probably more hassle now to redo all the Riga ones at a larger size.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
On 6/5/2016 at 9:05 PM, solas said:

I couldn't think of a better way to do the "New York" text, so I just left it and adjusted the outlines.  Here's a full-sized version, let me know if anything needs fixing:  http://i.imgur.com/NFIQ0zg.png

Banners will be done soon.

BTW I realised what we should have checked lol....

http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/220-s14-champions-new-york-americans/

close enough