Claimed:An Alternative Proposal to the Two Player System [Reviewed]

5 minutes ago, flyersfan1493 said:

No. All TPE earned applies to both players. It's just that after earning 30 TPE, you stop for the capped player.

I like having to do pts for 2nd player. Fills in peoples needs for things to do.

This seems very confusing......that being said, this definitely would help me as a VHLM GM, and it could maybe cause the VHLM to be more active which is probably my biggest agenda in this league. But yeah I'm very confused by this....

If you're going to put a cap on a VHLM only play raise it so that they reach the hard 175 applied cap. 120 seems arbitrary and wouldn't be worthwhile for a player you can only use in the VHLM.

I personally hate seeing teams with 3 roster players in the VHL because this is hockey and I don't believe in blatantly tanking. I'd rather have more players in the VHL and allow teams to actually fill out to a level that resembles hockey and would make it less likely you could predict who's going to take the lottery picks because they have 4 inactive roster players.

47 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

This seems very confusing......that being said, this definitely would help me as a VHLM GM, and it could maybe cause the VHLM to be more active which is probably my biggest agenda in this league. But yeah I'm very confused by this....

The biggest problem with the VHLM (in both my stint as a GM) is that it's a second-rate league and most of the old members (the majority who are ever in the league) hate it. Having those members with another player in the league most likely won't increase activity. It's an impossible line to walk because there's no point in having a player stay down and eat a year of contract and bank their TPE because it eats a year, but there's not enough roster players in the VHL to change contracts to not eat a year if they're sent down.

I like it. :) I think the two player thing does increase activity and I agree on the capped VHLM player. However, should that player be ineligible to be drafted until the older player has retired?

On 6/4/2016 at 7:01 PM, eaglesfan036 said:

If you want to make it really simple, allow for a 2nd 'capped' player that generates automatic TPE every season (I think you said 30 previously) that you can allocate as you please.  Or just give them the whole 175 at the beginning of the process and just be done with it.

• Commissioner

So would all extra TPE after the 30 capped be banked or just completely wasted on the second player? 30 is next to nothing, even without a bio, RP and end of season stuff that's only 5 weeks worth of PT's, even less if you have a job and are very active. When you add in all the other stuff it's barely anything at all. If the extra points are just lost it will be impossible to do well as a rookie since you'll be coming up in the VHL with essentially no TPE at all. On the other end, if it's banked, you'll likely hit the 175 before your other player is retired and then, as I understand it, be forced to retire the capped player that never did anything of value.

As I understand this proposal it seems far more complicated than it needs to be. You either lose out on a ton of points or a whole player really early. On top of that it's way more to keep track of and doesn't reward re-creating at all because it kills carry-over. I would much rather the other system if we are going to do this.

Edited by Beketov

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Claimed:An Alternative Proposal to the Two Player System [Reviewed]
  • DollarAndADream locked this topic