Claimed:Fong is Unsure of Path for Kyanon [Reviewed]

Baozi

• Head Moderator

Fong Unsure of Path for Kyanon

www.TheHockeyNews.com

From my actual thoughts:

To preface this season, I thought I had everything planned out. I made calculations, did probabilities and simple did some trial sims. I chose Seattle with the probability that everything was going to line up as I had planned and trial ran in my test simulations. Of course as most know by now, almost nothing went our way. The vaunted defense I had envisioned wasn’t anywhere close to being what I thought it would turn out and to make matters worse, despite winning, we were still going to miss the playoffs.

Is there any regret though? Didn’t really think about it that way. I like to make my decisions and harbor no intent of regret. Things turn out some ways for a reason or just luck of the draw or random seed. Nevertheless, what happened with Kyanon in Seattle has opened up a range of opportunities now for me again which I am again thankful for. However, there are so many options that again I no longer actually really know what I want to do now, and maybe it won’t be my choice at all but rather which of the opportunities are actually available when this season ends.

ggltHWXJ.jpg

1. Stay in Davos

This one really speaks to me, I’m back in Davos where everything started for me in the VHL and where good things almost always occurred if I stayed around. Locker room is a bit quiet at times but I have enough fun in chat with others from the team. Goon seems like a very decent guy too so I really have no qualms hanging out here for the long run. There is history there and even Robbie here makes me think about the old days when we were on similar teams, he always entertained me one way or another and I know not everyone jives with him but I don’t think there was ever an issue between us.

logo.png

2. Go play with some people from my “list”

This one is a big one, one of the many reasons I have not yet re-signed with Davos. There may be an opportunity for me to goto a team that I want to play with and that could be good if they have room. No names really given and I haven’t contacted anyone about it of course, but from my vantage point there are some people I want to play with that this season I could go about doing. While this may not give me the best chances at winning anything in the near future (but one never knows), it would be fun to play with certain people again and not look for the cup chase.

stanley-cup-trophy-450586748.jpg

3. Cup Chase

This hasn’t worked out the last season but I mean there is a chance to attach myself to any number of contender teams this season again. Bunch of rising teams and ones still able to compete hard. The question here then is that I may miss out on the opportunity to do action #2, which is go play with people I want to on the list. But then again the draw is that I need to catchup to Victor and Sterling and further dropping down in the all time championship list. There is a definite thought for me to try and get back in the forefront of this race.

Basically these are the options I’m currently faced with. I think regardless, there will be people I like on any team I join so it is not like I will force myself to goto a team with people I don’t like. At the same time I’m feeling pretty uncertain with what I want to do because all three of these options seem viable for Kyanon currently.

Thanks for listening :D

Edited by tfong

Review:

Nice article! sad that it didnt work out here in Seattle, a freak occurence of the top 4 teams being in one conference. You can always come back if you want! other than that, I'm sure that Davos would love to have you. or else you could team up with sterling and sign with literally anyone but Quebec :P

641 words :D

• FacePuncher changed the title to Fong is Unsure of Path for Kyanon [Reviewed]

Review: Weird that playing with someone on your list doesn't equate to a chance at a cup. Just go with whatever you feel will make the league the most fun for you. There are several teams that would love to add you as they make a chase for the cup. 

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, Evans said:

Review: Weird that playing with someone on your list doesn't equate to a chance at a cup. Just go with whatever you feel will make the league the most fun for you. There are several teams that would love to add you as they make a chase for the cup. 

Well there is always a "chance" but usually my reference is it would be lower than if I were to goto a "stacked" team.

Nice article @tfong. Ultimately, it comes down to listening to your heart. If you want to stay in Davos, then by all means do it. If you want to play with some buddies and go elsewhere, then do that. Just make sure you don't regret whatever you decide to do. Just do it and look forward.

• 2 weeks later...