Claimed:Beketov CoDCast #4 [Reviewed]

Beketov

• Commissioner

Back to waiting for processing unfortunately. I did record this a few days ago though and didn't want to miss putting it up. Answered questions from @Phil, @Molholt, and @boom and I'll throw @Shaka a tag as well since he enjoys watching them.

Had some really good games, answered some questions, and even have a special bonus (it's the facecam so not that special) this time around.

Processing usually takes about an hour but after that, enjoy!

Nope, no team has ever completed the three-peat. Only 6 have ever repeated, including current Toronto.

For the TCBLvVHL question, I think I was mostly gearing it more towards what has made the VHL last for 50 seasons, but I worded it poorly.

The TCBL has 16 season careers, but we have 5 week seasons. I think in the grand scheme of things, a full career is only like a month (maybe two) different than a VHL career.

I don't think we've been on a team together either, which seems improbable. Especially given two incarnations of the SSN with 4 leagues each. That gave us so many opportunities ha. I did miss my chance to draft Holik, but I knew I was getting Wingate so I kinda had to do that. But, we're on a team together now in the TCBL, Charlotte! I still think a VHL pairing needs to happen at some point though.

I haven't played any CoD since MW2, I burnt myself out. However, watching these is really tempting me to get back into it.

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Molholt said:

I haven't played any CoD since MW2, I burnt myself out. However, watching these is really tempting me to get back into it.

Step 1: Get BO3 on PS4.

Step 2: Add me on PSN.

Step 3: Dual CoDCast

Step 4: Profit

- I get what you mean about Photostop motivation. Sometimes I just don't feel like it at all. Kind of why I somewhat recently made the switch from doing Media Spots to Graphics. I've written a lot over my VHL career by now, so turning to graphics without a worry about getting a 6 has been a nice change.

- I'm loving the Toronto dynasty. Hoping for a 3peat, since after this season there will be no Wingate and I don't know what happens after that. I trust Molholt will find another great goaltender. :P

- I hope Wingate makes the HoF. Definitely deserves it. Parechkin a chance? Damn, thanks for the shoutout. I know it's early, but that would be amazing.

- "Anybody can build a good player these days." Yeah, that's pretty true. For STHS, it probably doesn't help that there isn't a ton of categories to put TPE into either.

- Holik in Toronto after Wingate? Damn, son. So if Wingate gets us the 3peat, then Holik will get us the 6peat?

- You should probably try Assassin's Creed. Just skip the first one. Go to the second. The combat was revamped, etc etc in the second one. I stopped playing them as well after playing Assassin's Creed 2, 3, and Revelations. Just couldn't do it anymore, they don't vary enough....but I really enjoyed 2 and 3. Apparently Black Flag is awesome though.

Nice poddy @Beketov. Glad you liked the pun! 

Knight and myself Have already been inducted into the HoF as builders. As we've discussed at length on a past podcast, the Builder HoF should no longer be called Builder. Rather we need to keep the Builders (ones who FOUND the actual league) separate from a CONTRIBUTORS (ones who have contributed to the league by building good players, GMing for a long time. Because there are no true builders left. Ask yourself "what have I done FOR the league?" 

If you can answer that (which Beketov you and I can arguably done) then you have a shot at being a builder. Occupying a paid job in the league (no matter how long) is not something to warrant being inducted as a "builder" 

That is absolutely why my induction has been my most special achievement on the site. The vast majority of what I had done is behind closed doors and the amount of hours I put into doing those things is impalpable. Absolutely agree with you that this induction means a lot. 

Great podcast.. is it odd that I was gaming while listening... I was playing warframe.. but could hear the audio from your game haha. Threw me off some of the time. :P

• Commissioner
17 minutes ago, Phil said:

Great podcast.. is it odd that I was gaming while listening... I was playing warframe.. but could hear the audio from your game haha. Threw me off some of the time. :P

Really Phil, I turned the camera on just for you :P

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Really Phil, I turned the camera on just for you :P

OH I watched the first 5 minutes!! I had to check it out! But seeing you gaming made me wanna game and because I don't have time for both this morning before work, I had to make decisions!!

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Phil said:

OH I watched the first 5 minutes!! I had to check it out! But seeing you gaming made me wanna game and because I don't have time for both this morning before work, I had to make decisions!!

Fair enough, fair enough. I doubt I’ll be turning it on much in the future. A lot more annoying to go into Windows for it and the exporting time was about 20x as long. Maybe I will if I ever record CoD 4 on PC since it’s a lot easier to do in OBS than from the Elgato Software.