Is the Update Scale outdated?

Will

1 hour ago, ADwyer87 said:

Here's the thing: I do think there's a slight problem. I am at 452 TPE and have Puck Handling, Skating, and Scoring at max, plus Passing above 85. That being said, I do still have a bit to go before I hit God status (read, @Phil status).

To me, the pro of this is obviously that it makes TPE mean more and add separation, but as a league that seemingly is split between TPE whores like myself and semi-active welfare guys, I think the lack of separation might help the league. That way it's not like the SBA where the best player TPE-wise can just dominate no matter what. Just look at Lord Karnage.

the con to the change is that this is no small feat. When would this change take place? How would we implement it? This would create a big rift in the league for a few seasons between the top earners in the new update scale vs. the top earners in the old scale. I think @Victor had a possibly good idea with extra bump at 95-99, as well as @Mr. Power when he mentioned making archetypes, but I feel like any big shifts in the update scale right away would cause some problems

Welfare's a pretty powerful thing in the league, it's pretty easy to still earn 5-7 TPE in the league even with welfare which is pretty close to the cap. While it might create some level of rift, at the end of the day top players aren't dominating like they used to, or at least not as consistently (even Phil's season last year isn't that impressive compared to some older defensemen, at least points-wise) so I disagree. I think that the line between role players and stars should be more clearly defined; imo there's no way Delicious should have been a point per game player nearly his whole career with about 450 TPE applied.

On Wednesday, August 03, 2016 at 5:01 PM, Victor said:

devil's advocate here but Lord Karnage really didn't dominate which is why I never max out.

Tell that to your GWG record

On Wednesday, August 03, 2016 at 5:58 PM, CowboyinAmerica said:

If you ignore the Penalty Shot BS, Wingate's going to be the first ever player to be fully maxed, including Experience and Leadership :ph34r:

It would have been possible with karnage tho

• Senior Admin
On 8/3/2016 at 4:35 PM, ADwyer87 said:

the con to the change is that this is no small feat. When would this change take place? How would we implement it? This would create a big rift in the league for a few seasons between the top earners in the new update scale vs. the top earners in the old scale. I think @Victor had a possibly good idea with extra bump at 95-99, as well as @Mr. Power when he mentioned making archetypes, but I feel like any big shifts in the update scale right away would cause some problems

My thought on implementation would be that the new scale comes into effect for everybody at the same time. So, the change could be announced in advance to give players time to prepare (whether that means banking some TPE to bring certain attributes back up, whatever). When the time came to actually implement it (in an off-season), every player page in the league would be re-scaled to the new update scale based on the amount of TPE applied to each attribute. 

Something else that could possibly done alongside that is making the Re-Roll Your TPE player store option cheaper for a couple of seasons so that people could re-apply all their TPE under the new update scale, if they were so inclined.