Claimed:Listen to Me Complain [Reviewed]

eaglesfan036

Why I am Losing Interest in the VHL

Cute-Little-Kid-Yawing-Bored-Picture.png

These past few weeks, I have lost so much motivation to put in work on here. I have had a decent amount of time to do stuff, but I just haven't been checking in here like I used to. Luckily, there hasn't been much VHLM work that needs to be done lately, which is also a bad thing because it means our recruiting sucks like usual. I just feel like there is nothing to do on here anymore. I try to go on chat, and it's usually 1 other person in there if I am lucky (tfong at work or draper at night telling me he is high). While I enjoy the pleasure of their company a lot, the point is chat doesn't give me things to do. The old chat I could seek people out and talk to them, but it seems like no one knows the chat exists or is just not interested in it. 

I've tried posting in the locker room daily, but it's really just me and smarch talking back and forth with an occasional post from cuffy. I log in and hit the view new content button, and after 1 minute of scrolling I can see things from the past day. There is not much league wide posting going on at all right now, and even things I have gone and tried to start have fizzled out. I have tried posting some general threads and they initially provide some activity before fading away. I created a VHL NHL club on PS4, and initially I had a blast playing with lots of different members I may not normally spend time with. Now it's just me and smarch and occasionally dangles who do it. 

Even GMing, the thing I love, has gotten stale for me. I drafted a huge bust after believing in @Jala and tried so many trades this offseason only to have things go in another direction. My one saving grace has been trading for @Smarch, who has been amazing carrying this team to the playoffs and has also become a cool friend to talk to and play NHL with. The S51 draft coming up is going to be garbage, and while recruitment drive ideas were discussed in the BOG, nothing actually happened. The S51 draft has one prospect in Apollo Skye worthy of a lottery pick, and I don't mean this as a slight to the other draftees who are actually active. The other draftees could still turn out to be good players and are some nice people, but the tpe numbers are just nowhere near an average VHL draft. So now I will probably be stuck with a useless S51 1st.

wpid-images.jpeg?w=547

One big thing about the two player rule is that hopefully drafts won't suck anymore, but it's not the best solution to have more players in the draft by needing our dedicated member base to create a second player just to carry the drafts. The VHL needs more members and activity bad. Recruitment crew leader needs to be a 7 tpe a week paying job, and they should be charged with doing at least an hour's work a week of recruiting people. 

Even after all my complaining, I still love this league and want to see it succeed. You only complain about things that are important to you, and this league is important to me just like laying on the couch is important to me rather than mowing the lawn. I ask my fellow VHL members to grow some pride, actually spend a chunk or time trying to recruit members, and make some posts to get things going. Dare I say it, we need to be more like the SHL. The SHL does a much better job than we do recruiting new members, and has tons more activity going on than we do. It's cool to have differences in sim leagues, but it would be great if we were similar to the SHL in recruitment and posting. 

Review:

I hear ya on motivation. I have my off weeks, too. I also agree that I've found myself logging on, checking the new posts and finding nothing but updates from the previous day. 

If there's one aspect of the SHL we emulate, I'll agree with recruiting. Everything else is better here lol

Grammar, spelling, content, etc. checks out. Nice job. 

3 minutes ago, evrydayimbyfuglien said:

Review:

I hear ya on motivation. I have my off weeks, too. I also agree that I've found myself logging on, checking the new posts and finding nothing but updates from the previous day. 

If there's one aspect of the SHL we emulate, I'll agree with recruiting. Everything else is better here lol

that might be the fastest media spot review ever. Well done

Fun fact: this weekend was the lowest in activity in terms of new posts since June 18th, 2014, which had 26 new posts or assuming that was a day where the site went down, the lowest since December 19th 2015, which had 108. This weekend saw 84 and 86 new posts per day. 

4 minutes ago, flyersfan1493 said:

Fun fact: this weekend was the lowest in activity in terms of new posts since June 18th, 2014, which had 26 new posts or assuming that was a day where the site went down, the lowest since December 19th 2015, which had 108. This weekend saw 84 and 86 new posts per day. 

yikes

14 hours ago, evrydayimbyfuglien said:

Review:

I don't think you know what "Emulate" means haha

13 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I don't think you know what "Emulate" means haha

I think I do. Look it up.

Full Definition of emulate

emulated

emulating

1. transitive verb
  2. 1a :  to strive to equal or excelb :  imitate; especially :  to imitate by means of an emulator

3. 2:  to equal or approach equality with

• Smarch changed the title to Listen to Me Complain [Reviewed]
21 minutes ago, evrydayimbyfuglien said:

@Kendrick I usually don't use words I don't know the meaning of. I think the confusion was in my original post when I should have said that one aspect of the SHL we should emulate (as in imitate, try to match, etc.) is their recruiting.

Ahh yes that is why. I was going to say that the VHL doesn't emulate the SHL in the slightest when it comes to recruitment. It would mean we equal or surpass them in that regard.

24 minutes ago, evrydayimbyfuglien said:

I think I do. Look it up.

Full Definition of emulate

emulated

emulating

1. transitive verb
  2. 1a :  to strive to equal or excelb :  imitate; especially :  to imitate by means of an emulator

3. 2:  to equal or approach equality with

So you do know, you just didn't add a word in there. Not my bad then haha

• 2 weeks later...