Claimed:All Star Roster Comparison - Who Looks Better? [Reviewed]

Devise

All Star Roster Comparison - Who Looks Better?

This "totally unbiased" and "completely objective" article is presented and brought to you by the @Mr. Power player agency. It was carefully crafted with the most accurate scientific methods, and as such should basically be considered gospel. Also I'm pretty sure I'm a real douchebag for tagging myself in a post I made, so @Kendrick continues to have a leg up on me in terms of being a more classy/well rounded member and person, but who cares am I right? 

We don't have a set date yet, mostly due to delays from terrible a terrible virus outbreak, "robberies" caused by legitimate police upset at various VHL players getting too drunk and causing a stir, and claims that even the VHL players aren't exempt from serious steroid scandals. Many people claim that @Draper the man responsible for determining this years All Star Game location is to blame, but the man himself insists this years festivities have gone off without a hitch, and are on pace to be the most celebrated and prestigious ever. The delay of the game however gives us more time to analyze which team, and which of the two All Star Team Captains have drafted the best roster. So we are here to take a look at the rosters, by position, to determine who has the best edge. 

Forwards

Team Devise

Edwin Reencarnacon @YEAH!stlemania 
Sir William Covington III @KingRobbie

Joel Jarvi @gregreg

Thor Odinsson @boom

Shawn Muller @TheLastOlympian07

Jordan Maverick @Dmoushey_31

Team Kendrick

Unassisted @STZ

Aleksi Koponen @Draper

Tom Lincoln @brovy

John Sleeman @Frank

Bogdan Podarok @ADwyer87

Neils Skovsgaard @Tim

Analysis: Team Kendrick decided to opt for an intriguing strategy to draft mostly Quebec forwards. 4 of his six are all from the Meute, and they will likely have a chemistry advantage going in. But in that same breath, the majority of the Quebec players drafted have struggled to win much thus far in their careers, mostly due to the fact that the Meute themselves have struggled. Kopononen not withstanding of course. For the most part the forward groups match up rather well, with a mix of higher TPE elite level players and depth. But the edge obviously goes to Team Devisse simply due to the fact that Reencarnacion, Odinsson, and Covington III are twenty times the players that anyone on Quebec can offer from a purely member stand point. Boom has success even to spite himself, Yeah is the master of goalie sacks, not that he would need them as we'll see later with the goalie comparison, and Convington III is probably one of the best trash talkers in league history. Then you add depth players like Jarvi, Muller and Maverick, and what you get is the most intimidating group of forwards in All Star history. As @gorlab would say, the entire forward group of Team Kendrick is about to catch a fade. :cig:

Defenders 

Team Devise

Jeff Hamilton @sterling
Black Velvet @Higgins

Shayne Gow @flyersfan1493

Biggu Kyanon @tfong

Team Kendrick

Phil Hamilton @Phil

Francis York Morgan @Christmas

David Hamilton @Knight

Bubba Nuck @NUCK

Analysis: Kendrick attempted to have a Hamilton brother reunion with his draft pick, but of course was stopped when I drafted the best Hamilton brother in Jeff. I  mean we all know that Phil is probably one of the most legendary members of all time, and not being able to pick him up as well is regretting. However he is a one man army trying to carry what is essentially a group of inactive wannabes. Morgan is enjoying success due to the current status of defenders in the VHL and Knight logs in only several more times than @Jericho per calendar year. Meanwhile I pretty much ensured this entire thing would be rigged in our favor with my picks. Flyers, Higgins and Sterling were all at one point, or are currently admins in the league. If that isn't further enough, the "depth" defender that we ended up with in Kyanon can accidentally sneeze and create a Hall of Fame caliber player. Considering the closeness of the forward crop, the lack of what I would call a complete defense is going to cost Team Kendrick dearly, and it's basically going to lead to tons of shots on goal. But going further to push this over the edge, Team Devise has employed @Advantage player agencies legendary defender Ryan Sullivan as defensive coach. Can you say unstoppable? 

Goalies

Team Devise

Hans Wingate @CowboyinAmerica

Greg Clegane @Victor

Sandro Clegane @JardyB10

Team Kendrick

Ariel Weinstein @Smarch

Dmitri Dadonov @Daniel

Artom Zhumbayev @fever95

Analysis: Can you say landslide? Like seriously, this is basically the equivalent of pairing Team Canada in the Olympics against Team Middleoffuckingnowhere Africa. Kendrick opted to stick with loyalty, drafting his Cologne goalie teammate and generally solid member in Fever, but his effort has been a bit less this time around. The same could be said for budding new GM in Daniel, who despite being a solid GM is still working on finding consistency. Weinstein isn't bad, he's probably a top 4 goalie in the VHL. Meanwhile I drafted all Shaw winners. Wingod is the best goalie in the league bar none. Then I was able to get both Cleganes, who on top of previous Shaw wins while competing with Wingod, are also former part of the continued admin/sim trend that I maintained. Whether it's rigging, talent, award wins, the list goes on and on and on. If Team Kendrick played three periods and scored 0 goals against this goalie trio nobody would blink an eye. Rumor is Weinstein isn't even showing up either, seeing how overmatched he is in this contest and he's going to send a body double in played by former long time VHL member @Squinty

Final Analysis: Well if we are going to predict a final score for this game, and we have to be realistic here, I'd say 15-1 is probably reasonable. With back to back shutouts by both Wingod and Greg Clegane, Sandro is going to get distracted drinking ale and eating fucking chicken, just briefly enough to allow Phil Hamilton and Koponen to hook up for one goal. Meanwhile Edwin and Convington III will combine for 6 goals a piece, with Odinnsson scoring 3 of his own. It'll be a bloodbath, fitting for a Rio crowd ready to explode. The end of the event should feature an insane amount of partying and celebration on one side, with relative and mild shame on the other. Most will forget about it though, after all they were drafted to Team Kendrick, so expecting to lose is something they had going in. See you all in the stands for what should be an interesting affair. 

• Da Trifecta changed the title to All Star Roster Comparison - Who Looks Better? [Reviewed]