Zamora Selection Show

frescoelmo

This doesn't really make sense. Going to Cologne would've been the same thing haha

Yes and if that is what Bora had chosen...that is where I would of went. The decision ended up being up to him. He and I talked before a decision was made and both of us realized we had narrowed it down to the two teams. I let him know that I'd like to follow him since both you and Kora had plans if you got some FA. So I told him to pick one of the two and I'd follow suit. He picked Quebec. Although both Bora and I knew about Quebec putting out a huge offer for Kellinger in advance, so I imagine that factored in the decision as well. 

True ADV but I was going to likely follow Bora regardless of where he went. Talking to him before he decided his choices were either Cologne or Que as were my own. It just made sense to follow him as both Kendrick and Kora had made plans for if the FA's came to their team, but neither would bite the bullet and commit before hand. Thus I felt it was in my best interest to go where I knew with the most certainty another star power player would be, ergo going where Bora went. 

I don't think I said anything different.

I just said Kora benefited from the both of you wanting to play together.  Obviously he made plans to convince the two of you, but the point still stands that he benefited greatly from you two creating an alliance through free agency.

To be fair, there is an element of truth to that.

Devise does lines and there are enough guys on the team right now that hold enough credit in the league that they can get people by themselves.

I'm not trying to devalue the work Koradek has put in to Quebec.  

I'm just saying that the situation that team is in doesn't necessarily require an actively aggressive GM.

A big reason that this is the case is because of what Koradek has done..of course part of it is Devise and Boragina deciding to go to the same place.

Yeah, devise has been a big help, as well as everyone else on the team. Squinty and Kyle have been a big part of all the decision making from the beginning.

As far as how the Rift/Boragina/Kellinger thing went down, the promise of getting Kellinger helped persuade devise, and at the time getting devise meant getting Bora as well. so as I'm assuming most of you know, that's why i was so willing to give away two seasons' worth of draft picks. Not just to get Kellinger, but to get all 3

True ADV but I was going to likely follow Bora regardless of where he went.

I feel like this supports the "Kora doesn't have to try" argument. Now instead of enticing two free agents, it meant he really only needed to get one.

However, as Kora pointed out (and probably Devise, I admittedly didn't read his whole post), making the huge trade for Kellinger went a long way in getting those free agents to sign. He took a big risk and it's paying off greatly; and part of that payoff is an easy ride.

Edited by Hustles