World Cup of Hockey 2016 Thread

Devise

11 minutes ago, Advantage said:

Uh huh.

Don't have to accept it, no worries.

Back to the topic though, I do think this tournament is somewhat barry because the fight for country supremacy isn't there. I'd take more interest in it if it was countries themselves and Germany was getting their ass whooped like they normally do, then this shit mix of squads.

1 hour ago, gorlab said:

This NA team may be historical tbh. I could see 10-20 years from now, it being looked back on like we look back @ the Lemieux/Gretzky Canada Cup team.

So many talented players. Did not watch the game, but did not surprise me that much that Finland lost to the NA team. :( 

So if Russia beats Finland tomorrow, Team NA is out. The fomrat of this tourney is strange, I kinda feel like we should see top six move on, with top two teams getting byes into the semi's. Kinda feels wrong to do it this way. I mean Czech vs US tomorrow is literally meaningless now. :P 

That was a fun game though I caught most of the last period. 

I agree, the format feels weird. Teams have only played 3 games now, save for US/Czech who play a meaningless game later tonight. But already Team US, Team Czech, Team Finland and Team NA are eliminated since Russia just beat Finland earlier today.

It's a weird format. If they were going to do it this way I agree with @gorlab that it should of been two versus everyone in their own pool. Although I would of just been much more in favor of going this route but having the top six compete, with the top seeded team from each conference moving into the semi's and having a quarter finals. That way Team NA would of still made it in, and US/Czech would be fighting for the third and final spot tonight. 

Even though Canada is so so so so SO FUCKING LIKELY to win tonight, I'm still hyped. I would love to see an upset, because it would be insane. 5 percent chance it happens, but man I can't not cheer for Ovie/Kuzy. :P