The Colin Kaepernick Debate

boubabi

Why the hell this is such a big deal ?

Well, actually, I get why it's on the news, but of course, dumb people makes it a dumb subject.

As you may know, I'm french canadian, therefore, I might not be the most patriotic american out there, but isn't the Kaepernick protest the most American things possible ? I mean, it's clearly using the first amendment. People may seems offended because they think kneeling for the anthem is disrespectful for the war veterans ? What the hell ? He never include those people in his statement he said that it isn't about anyone who love the country, it's about the brutality the black people are currently living, which is obviously true. You migh be living in another planet if you think this isn't the case in the US, because it is. 

ANyway, no time for the long ass essay about that, because I'm just not fluent in my writting to debate much, but I just think this is a dumb ass debate for dumb asses persons.

Oh yeah, why the fact that he is playing in the NFL, he can't complain about shits happening inside the country ? I don't see why it's actually the part of the debate. 

Everything and above is :cheers: 

I don't get the whole big deal anyways. The same people shitting on CK are the same people consistently talking shit about Obama or his wife like they aren't the President and First Lady. 

Trump can sit around and say "Make america great again" like it isn't great but when a black NFL player says it isn't great, people complain like his pissed on the flag while speaking in Arabic. The fact of the matter is the people that are getting upset at CK are white males saying "Nothing is wrong with america and if you don't like it leave!" but yet turn around and vote for trump to "Make America Great Again aka back to a time where White Males ruled the USA."

a pretty racial anthem btw

"And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country, should leave us no more?
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave,
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave"

that's fucked up

3 minutes ago, boubabi said:

that's fucked up

Not to mention our Anthem was adopted in 1931 and convienently left that part out. The fucking NFL is older than the Anthem being our anthem is. Everyone wants to say CK is not respecting our troops for kneeling but yet NUMEROUS vets are backing CK. 

21 minutes ago, boubabi said:

that's fucked up

Is this some old anthem? Because this isn't it anymore for sure

24 minutes ago, boubabi said:

that's fucked up

that is not the national anthem???

I googled it and that was the original but it's not like that is what's sung anymore

He's got the right to do this 100%, and there's a problem in the US, but to me it just seems like what Shaq said, "If this is how you feel why weren't you doing this 2 years ago when all this stuff was happening?" Kaepernick is trying to "raise awareness" for what has been the hottest issue in America for at least 2 years now.

It's Kaepernick so I take it with a grain of salt because if you've ever heard the guy speak, he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. That being said, what he is standing up for is something that needs attention; but he is doing it in a very counter-active way.

• Commissioner
8 hours ago, Wasty said:

Not to mention our Anthem was adopted in 1931 and convienently left that part out. The fucking NFL is older than the Anthem being our anthem is. Everyone wants to say CK is not respecting our troops for kneeling but yet NUMEROUS vets are backing CK. 

I said this in the other one since there are 2 discussions on this going on but it seems relevant here haha:

I'm not sure if anyone is arguing it here but, anyone saying that it's disrespectful to veterans who fought so that he could stand and respect that flag needs to realize that those veterans fought for his right NOT to stand and respect the flag. Fact is, they fought to keep the country free which means free choice to do and think what you believe in. Protesting the national anthem isn't spitting in the face of veterans, it's respecting what they fought for. He has every right to protest any way he see's fit and if it does something then great. God knows the US needs some major change regarding race relations right now.