We need some fffffffffffffockin updates

FacePuncher

The Saskatoon Wild are still 9 points in first in the league, but have been starting to struggle lately. Lately I'm wondering why. Is it because the lines @JardyB10 gave me are crap and he must rectify this mishap by coming to play for Sasky? Is it because @Toast is a lil bitch and only does block updates? Is it because STHS hates me? Or maybe is it because we don't get any motherfucking updates! The Wild are currently sitting with a whopping 114 un-updated TPE. This is an incredibly massive amount, and is akin to essentially like taking away a top player from my team! What the hell, people! The dawn of the second wave of player 2 is almost upon us as well, and we are definitely going to need to get those guys updated ASAP considering how important they will be to this playoffs! So can we please get someone to update our damn guys?

also I need the Syndergaards pages to be updated so I can claim my fucking 2 TPE!

Just now, ADwyer87 said:

Take your hate elsewhere

Hate? No hate. VHLM is a great fun side distraction to start your career relatively stress free before things get real. Also allows you to earn enough TPE to be competent in the VHL, although that has never happened to most my own players. :P 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Hate? No hate. VHLM is a great fun side distraction to start your career relatively stress free before things get real. Also allows you to earn enough TPE to be competent in the VHL, although that has never happened to most my own players. :P 

Yeah but it's treated as just a fun little side distraction, which is why our retention sucks

You guys seriously over evaluate the VHLM. I'm not implying I'm against longer form minor league careers, or other changes to make the league more meaningful. But the reason our numbers are down are less to do with retention and more to do with serious recruitment. We went through a very long dark stretch where recruitment was straight up god awful. 

Whenever we've floated ideas to make mandatory longer VHLM careers so many members currently in the league express interest in that not happening, because they want to play in the VHL with their players. When you have player bases on every side, it's all about what your giving up versus what your getting, and what risks are worth taking. It's not as easy as saying "well this is a retention thing and if it's fixed boom it's all good" when you risk losing 10+ members alone just from doing those things. I feel like the current changes being discussed in regards to the VHLM are for the better all around for all parties. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

You guys seriously over evaluate the VHLM. I'm not implying I'm against longer form minor league careers, or other changes to make the league more meaningful. But the reason our numbers are down are less to do with retention and more to do with serious recruitment. We went through a very long dark stretch where recruitment was straight up god awful. 

Whenever we've floated ideas to make mandatory longer VHLM careers so many members currently in the league express interest in that not happening, because they want to play in the VHL with their players. When you have player bases on every side, it's all about what your giving up versus what your getting, and what risks are worth taking. It's not as easy as saying "well this is a retention thing and if it's fixed boom it's all good" when you risk losing 10+ members alone just from doing those things. I feel like the current changes being discussed in regards to the VHLM are for the better all around for all parties. 

Well, first of all, I love the VHLM, check it much more than the VHL. That's just me

second, i think that we are still in a dark stretch of recruiting

third, no one said anything about making longer VHLM careers or anything in this thread, I certainly don't think that's a good idea either, but the league as a whole is treated like shit, and left out to dry like it is right now. For current members no one really cares. For new members who aren't update in and out of the sim, that makes a world of difference. I don't think anyone is going to leave if we try and change the image of the VHLM, since that doesn't require any rule changes whatsoever. But when new members who come into a minor league that catches the worst flak of any in the sim league business, what is going to make them want to stay?

8 minutes ago, ADwyer87 said:

Well, first of all, I love the VHLM, check it much more than the VHL. That's just me

second, i think that we are still in a dark stretch of recruiting

third, no one said anything about making longer VHLM careers or anything in this thread, I certainly don't think that's a good idea either, but the league as a whole is treated like shit, and left out to dry like it is right now. For current members no one really cares. For new members who aren't update in and out of the sim, that makes a world of difference. I don't think anyone is going to leave if we try and change the image of the VHLM, since that doesn't require any rule changes whatsoever. But when new members who come into a minor league that catches the worst flak of any in the sim league business, what is going to make them want to stay?

What your discussing in regards to VHLM issues isn't some wide scale global change though. There was a time when VHLM players were updated weekly, along with all players in the sim. I'd also say it's not like new members suffer the "worst flak" either. Some often land on more active VHLM clubs, something that should continue even more given VHLM change discussion right now in BoG with potential team retention as a possibility. 

The reality is we just need the VHLM commish to step in and ensure all the stuff your complaining about is being done. We have people in positions to monitor that stuff for a reason. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

What your discussing in regards to VHLM issues isn't some wide scale global change though. There was a time when VHLM players were updated weekly, along with all players in the sim. I'd also say it's not like new members suffer the "worst flak" either. Some often land on more active VHLM clubs, something that should continue even more given VHLM change discussion right now in BoG with potential team retention as a possibility. 

The reality is we just need the VHLM commish to step in and ensure all the stuff your complaining about is being done. We have people in positions to monitor that stuff for a reason. 

I agree that LRs in the VHLM need to be more active, that's why I liked and supported the proposed changes(and also had brought up before). But when I say worst flak it's about the VHLM as a whole. Seems like no one besides me and maybe Jardy actually cares about it, and I think that's sad and not good for new members, as it means we get the revolving door of VHLM GMs like we've had in my time here at least.

Plus vets seem to never post in VHLM LRs. I have a nearly full roster this yearand I am not even close to the total I had when first gen Dangles came in and was a great conduit for discussion.

The VHLM shouldn't be treated like shit.

I know for one that I almost left back when I joined the VHL because I was getting super bored with my first player in the VHLM. My first season was on a rebuild team with virtually no teammates.

My second VHLM season was a saving grace because I had guys like Svoboda and Dimothenis Vlasis (sp?) on it. We had active members, but it still wasn't the big, active experience that the VHL is. 

New recruits are more likely to stick around if they're having more fun and teams are more active.

6 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

I mean I pushed @457 to updater job. Let's see how he's gonna save the day.

Well apparently no one gets updated in sim until the playoffs, in both VHLM and VHL, so none of this matters?

Just now, flyersfan1493 said:

Do we no longer have someone doing weekly/bi-weekly updates for the sim? 

Idk, that's what @Toast said, since I was saying "it's ok we will do better when we get our TPE updated" and he said that we wouldn't be updated till the playoffs, and that it's like that for the VHL too

19 hours ago, Mr. Power said:

I'd actually say they are 50/50. I know ten members off the top of my head that when they were here, things were buzzing but they couldn't stay attracted to us.

21 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I'd actually say they are 50/50. I know ten members off the top of my head that when they were here, things were buzzing but they couldn't stay attracted to us.

You happen to know what it was exactly that pushed them away? I'm assuming a few of them may still be on the SHL, and we pretty much always deal with the fact that some prefer life over there then they do here. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Power said:

You happen to know what it was exactly that pushed them away? I'm assuming a few of them may still be on the SHL, and we pretty much always deal with the fact that some prefer life over there then they do here. 

Some SHL lovers, some got busy with school, some grew past sim leagues and some have family issues pop up. From the ones that said it wasn't exciting though, they usually just hated spending time in the VHLM because its just a boring league.