2013-2014 NHL Discussion Thread

8Ovechkin8

Yeah Nyqvist with 12 goals and 2 assists during this 10 game point streak. I always felt players like him and Tatar were very underrated. Detroit has this nack for letting talent develop properly. Too many teams call their young guys up and want to instantly inserted. Then they see them get a few points and go "he is ready." Gotta admire the way they let their players develop at a pace that feels comfortable so when situations like this come up, and they need most of their AHL team up they still perform well. 

In regards to the Crosby stuff Sandro, you can't be serious sir. Nobody is denying that it would hurt. But if I get into a fight with someone, and he punches me in the face I'm not going to fall down crying for something. Crosby and players like him CLEARLY have an instinct to try to draw calls. I'm not going to call it straight out diving, because in that case if that was a players stick and not the refs hand it still hit him. But the fact that players like him SELL that shit is so frustrating. Stick gets in their skates? They fall. Feel a little slash on their hand? They wince in pain. I hate that stuff. Watch hard nosed hockey players play. Watch a grinder get high sticked in the face, it draw blood and he doesn't even lose possession of the puck. Just drives the net with it. Then still gets the call. 

It also plays into this stupid perception skilled players like Crosby have that the power play will always bail them out. So of course you sell the call. Half the time if they just played through the pain and didn't sell it they could generate a better scoring chance or make a better play than if they fall down. Also doesn't give them this negative reputation around the league. 

Edited by Devise22

Are you... are you serious? Even if the Canucks won out their final 6 games they weren't going to make it. I get being a fan and having hope, but don't be blind.

now now, if they had won vs colorado. they would have been what 3 points out at the time, then the same night they lost to anaheim phoenix also had lost, so they would have been 1 point out IF they beat Anaheim. It certainly has not been out of question. but now it really is over I believe. 

now now, if they had won vs colorado. they would have been what 3 points out at the time, then the same night they lost to anaheim phoenix also had lost, so they would have been 1 point out IF they beat Anaheim. It certainly has not been out of question. but now it really is over I believe. 

But the Canucks would still need Dallas and Phoenix to fall off, and I don't see that happening at this point.

But the Canucks would still need Dallas and Phoenix to fall off, and I don't see that happening at this point.

Its not going to happen now, youre right but I was just defending my statement I had made. They really weren't that far out of the playoffs if think about it. 4 out of 6 games. losing a 7th in OT. 9 points out of a possible 14. The only thing that was killing them was that neither Dallas or Phoenix lost too. I think their big chance was the game against Anaheim, since the Coyotes had lost that same night,  

The fact that people are looking into that Crosby GIF so intensely is laughable. Dude got hit in the face unexpectedly, and his initial reaction was to ensure the refs saw it (which 99.9% of players do). In addition, anyone's natural reaction would be to flinch. Regardless, it's a nothing moment and people looking to vilify Crosby for it are just rather sad. 

• Admin

Hahaha look whos fired, eat a dick Mike Gillis, You sucked.

Really hope they bring in someone who can make good trades and can keep the Canucks competing.

Someone who can make good trades? What a visionary.

Kesler can you not act like a fucking 12 year old? Thanks.

I think this move is pointless if Tortorella isn't fired as well. This whole bullshit theory about the Canucks needing to be a "gritty" team is all about ownership still trying to win the 2011 Cup. Guess what, that ship fucking SAILED. Long time ago. Gillis was right when he said they've been following the last few seasons, not leading. The Sedins, Burrows, Kesler, and more have turned in their worst seasons under him. If Torts isn't gone, prepare for another season like this.

Linden for Prez, then I think Gilman, Naslund, or Nicholson are options as GM.

Edited by Sandro

Kesler can you not act like a fucking 12 year old? Thanks.

I think this move is pointless if Tortorella isn't fired as well. This whole bullshit theory about the Canucks needing to be a "gritty" team is all about ownership still trying to win the 2011 Cup. Guess what, that ship fucking SAILED. Long time ago. Gillis was right when he said they've been following the last few seasons, not leading. The Sedins, Burrows, Kesler, and more have turned in their worst seasons under him. If Torts isn't gone, prepare for another season like this.

Linden for Prez, then I think Gilman, Naslund, or Nicholson are options as GM.

LOL.

I understand why the Canucks wanna be a gritty team, like look at Chicago, LA, Boston etc etc. All great teams that are gritty, but the Canucks do not have the personal at the moment to be like that. They are basically chasing a lost dream. I would keep Torts because he is a good coach, he just had a misconception between what he wanted and what Gillis wanted this season plus injuries and the goalie situation and all that. I would really like to see a former Canuck take over as GM/President and/or both, like what Yzerman has done.

Just don't you dare trade Kesler to Pittsburgh please. They became so much easier to play against when they swapped Staal for Sutter.

Canucks already rejected the offer from them, so I doubt they would try again plus I dont think kesler wanted to go there. He doesnt fit in imo.

Give me sutter and Maata and then I'll listen lmao.

Also for GM job I rather have Naslund than Linden. Linden can be President. Naslund is more well known around the league so that could work in favour of getting FAs. Other reasons as well, but that's just one.

Edited by 8Ovechkin8

Give me sutter and Maata and then I'll listen lmao.

Also for GM job I rather have Naslund than Linden. Linden can be President. Naslund is more well known around the league so that could work in favour of getting FAs. Other reasons as well, but that's just one.

That's the only way I would even begin talks on a deal involving Sutter. Maata comes back or no deal.

And yeah, that's what seem to be the popular rumours. Linden as President and Naslund as GM, more than anything I just hope Jay Feaster is nowhere near this team.