2013-2014 NHL Discussion Thread

8Ovechkin8

I watched the game and I totally missed that lol, it would be Green and Karlsson

@maxy preach, at least you guys have a stanley cup to look back on we're over here like "REGULAR SEASON SUCCESS IS STILL IMPORTANT OKAY, WE JUST FACED REALLY GOOD GOALTENDERS IN THE PLAYOFFS AND THE REFS LOVE EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE NHL" 

SmashingHeadOnKeyboard.gif

If the Canucks manage to make the playoffs it's one and done again. I'd rather they just miss and get a higher pick, I wanna fast forward to next season when we might see some more young guys making an impact.

SmashingHeadOnKeyboard.gif

If the Canucks manage to make the playoffs it's one and done again. I'd rather they just miss and get a higher pick, I wanna fast forward to next season when we might see some more young guys making an impact.

You can substitute Canucks with Flyers. Same (boring) situation. This team just isn't likable. 

You can substitute Canucks with Flyers. Same (boring) situation. This team just isn't likable. 

Throw the Caps in that boat this season. I'd love for a new GM with some shake up on our club. If we manage to make the playoffs it's one series although it has always been that way for us. But so many grumbles atm. 

I feel as the Raptors and Canucks are having the same type of season yet I'm 100 times more excited for the Raps and am frustrated with the Nucks.

Yeah, all my excitement for anything Canucks-related is seeing guys like Frank Corrado and Bo Horvat in the pipeline. Seeing Nick Jensen starting to have some success in the AHL and Grenier coming out of nowhere. I've enjoyed seeing Archibald and Lain playing well with limited minutes. Other than the surprises of Santorelli and Stanton, it's been a pretty crappy year.

Time to come join us Devils fans. We saved some seats for you boys. We have the polar opposite it seems. Started out real slow then kind of evened out. Now looking to go full steam ahead

I just hope they do well as long as Schiends in between the pipes.

You don't like Marty? I like both but actually prefer Marty cause he has been better so far. So many good players to cheer on:

Gelinas, Henrique, Larsson, Boucher, Whitney and Merrill + All our loveable veterans. Also we have one of the most well-liked respectable guys as our captain.

Don't get me wrong Marty is GOAT. I just want to see Cory win and do really well, and I rather him be in net for the success.

Yeah he has struggled so far, so they've gone with the hot hand.

Not wagon hopping, just really don't give a shit what happens this season anymore. Team can't score, can't hold a lead, and there's no point selling the farm to try and fix it. The Sedins look like shadows of their former selves and whether that's just a one-off or not, I don't know. Kesler, Higgins, Santo, and Kassian have all been streak. Burrows has had zero luck. Hansen has no hands. Booth is dead weight. The only bright spots right now is our goaltending and the emergence of Tanev and Stanton.

Edited by Sandro

I'm just so down on this team right now. It's upsetting how far they've fallen and how much the blackhole of drafting 2006 and 2010 has hurt them.

Who was the GM during those years?

Who was the GM during those years?

Nonis for 06 and 07, Gillis for 08-10. I mean, I guess we have Kassian, Tanev, and Lack that would've been from those years. But that's about it.

Edited by Sandro