New Career Highs and Labatte Race

Phil

I know I am not the only one who's having a career year. There's got to be at least 5 of us, including @Draper, @Kendrick, @TheLastOlympian07, and most importantly @Higgins. Higgins' player is the only thing that's standing in my way of me reaching 2 of my 3 remaining goals (well technically all three). Recently, Velvet's been on fire and shot up in the lead for the Beketov Trophy, sadly leaving me in the wind. If he wins it this year, I do not think I'll ever win it with Hamilton and that dream will go out the window. 

The other goal was to win a third Labatte. Since I already have two, I'm not as concerned with that one, but if I weren't to get the Beketov, then I could definitely settle for a Labatte. This race will be just as close, if not, closer than the Beketov Trophy race. While I have 3 games left, I need 7 assists just to tied Velvet, so I'm kind already ceding that race. 

The Labatte Race is way more interesting, as we've got Velvet on 118, me on 110, and @sterling on 104. However, there's more than points to consider: 

• Hamilton's leading his team in points and 2nd in +/-. he has 242:103 HITS to HTT, and just 69 SB.
  • Velvet is 3rd on his team in points (22 points off lead), 5th in +/-, he has a 218:125 HITS to HTT, and 93 SB
  • J. Hammy's 2nd on his team in points (13 points off lead), 4th in +/-, he has a 215:105 HITS to HTT, and 110 SB.

These are all very close numbers... and if I had more shots blocked I would consider myself a shoe in, but even with that stat, I still think I stand a good chance to win. However, knowing how GMs vote, I feel like it will be a 9:1 victory for velvet. But the race is much, much closer than that!!

• Commissioner

I was having a career year... and then I took an arrow to the knee. Or at least that's my story for why I plummeted after the halfway point of the season.

Edited by Beketov