POLL: Which VHL or VHLM teams should be relocated?

hedgehog337

Which VHLM team should be relocated?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We've been talking about relocations recently, so I decided to make a poll to make it more straight. There are some teams that gained an attention from several VHL members, but I put the other and none of them options too. I think this poll won't make any impact on GM and commish decisions, but I'm still curious about it. 

He can be serious about Davos to Russia all he wants, but it would be rejected by many voices. Moving a team doesn't just involve the GM and given that Davos has a rich history and that Gooning hasn't been here for more than 20 seasons, I highly doubt it gets moved. Davos is one of (if not) the most storied and successful franchises in the VHL and moving them basically says "Fuck You History".

Quebec --> Midwestern USA

Riga --> Moscow

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

Well, we have a new team that some people wants to relocate, I've never seen an idea about relocating Riga before. Interesting, what @Toast has to say on that. 

A new team? Stockholm wouldn't be relocated. The branding, city itself and tradition of hockey there say it's a good fit.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

A new team? Stockholm wouldn't be relocated. The branding, city itself and tradition of hockey there say it's a good fit.

I'm about Riga. Unless VHL'ers had a plan to relocate Riga earlier, but I didn't see that. 

Edited by hedgehog337

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

He can be serious about Davos to Russia all he wants, but it would be rejected by many voices. Moving a team doesn't just involve the GM and given that Davos has a rich history and that Gooning hasn't been here for more than 20 seasons, I highly doubt it gets moved. Davos is one of (if not) the most storied and successful franchises in the VHL and moving them basically says "Fuck You History".

Quebec --> Midwestern USA

Riga --> Moscow

This, and for the VHLM (if we are getting rid of two teams, assuming SSK and MOS) I would say Yukon --> USA somewhere

Just now, Kendrick said:

Riga isn't a new team. They have been around since before S6

This is not the first time when we can't understand each other. 

6 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Well, we have a new another team that some people wants to relocate,

Maybe it's more correct.

1 minute ago, Streetlight said:

This, and for the VHLM (if we are getting rid of two teams, assuming SSK and MOS) I would say Yukon --> USA somewhere

I'd almost say put Yukon in Kelowna or Western Canada. When we do our demographic polls a high percentage are out west in BC. Or a better idea would be in San Diego or Arizona

Just now, Streetlight said:

He meant that there's a team that is newly being discussed. Like, the idea to relocate Riga is new, not the team.

Oh okay I was confused there, thought he meant newly established team. 

Riga is pretty new to discussion but considering the lack of Latvians in this league in particular, I don't see the draw with it.

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

Kelowna? Isn't that SHL team or something?

Your point? SHL is an entirely different league. A league that in fact has a team in Toronto, Calgary and Seattle even after they saw that we had those. Hell we even had a team in Hamilton once.

3 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I'd almost say put Yukon in Kelowna or Western Canada. When we do our demographic polls a high percentage are out west in BC. Or a better idea would be in San Diego or Arizona

I'd just like to see the USA get a VHLM team back. Could be out west, maybe Portland?

4 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

I'd just like to see the USA get a VHLM team back. Could be out west, maybe Portland?

Actually here is a thought. I have yet to see a Sim League have a team in San Jose/Oakland. I know we have some Sharks fans on the board and recent success from the Warriors, Sharks, Giants and Oakland as a whole being a popular sporting place might make sense. (I didn't disregard your Portland comment but SHL has a team there so I figured this was a better location).