POLL: Which VHL or VHLM teams should be relocated?

hedgehog337

Which VHLM team should be relocated?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Admin
Just now, TheLastOlympian07 said:

close but no cigar friend.

I'm almost positive that Riga came to be in at Season 7. they were the Stockholm Thunder in Season 1 before being the Stockholm Rams from Season 2-6

soz, Season 8

1 minute ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

close but no cigar friend.

I'm almost positive that Riga came to be in at Season 7. they were the Stockholm Thunder in Season 1 before being the Stockholm Rams from Season 2-6

"Around" is a word you may want to look at in that quote.

Yeah Davos should totally stay, they've been very successful. I honestly think we should dump Riga, unless they were way better when I was gone. They haven't had a good run since Dustin Funk and nobody has any ties to the place.

San Jose would be cool, and Russia not having a team in either league is a fucking tragedy.

• Admin
Just now, Jericho said:

Yeah Davos should totally stay, they've been very successful. I honestly think we should dump Riga, unless they were way better when I was gone. They haven't had a good run since Dustin Funk and nobody has any ties to the place.

San Jose would be cool, and Russia not having a team in either league is a fucking tragedy.

oy

Also Russia does have Moscow. Unless I've slept through another VHLM contraction.

As for Riga, I mean I don't know when you lost track of VHL happenings. I'd say two cups in S33 and S40 saved them from Vasteras (or indeed Seattle) recent status but like Davos, not much since that decade.

Just now, Victor said:

oy

Also Russia does have Moscow. Unless I've slept through another VHLM contraction.

As for Riga, I mean I don't know when you lost track of VHL happenings. I'd say two cups in S33 and S40 saved them from Vasteras (or indeed Seattle) recent status but like Davos, not much since that decade.

I did forget Moscow, in my defense they had ZERO PLAYERS TO UPDATE! XD

I guess when I think of Riga I remember Nick Barr, follwed by Kyle's bad time when he traded for Kendrick and then got really really mad when Kendrick bailed. I remember Cockstar's pitiful attempt at a GM attempt. A few cups aren't bad, but Davos was arguably the most successful franchise in the league over a long term period.

Just now, Jericho said:

I guess when I think of Riga I remember Nick Barr, follwed by Kyle's bad time when he traded for Kendrick and then got really really mad when Kendrick bailed. I remember Cockstar's pitiful attempt at a GM attempt. A few cups aren't bad, but Davos was arguably the most successful franchise in the league over a long term period.

Hey now! I bailed because i had no intention of leaving Seattle and he traded for me. He never even asked me beforehand, he knows thats his fault.

• Admin
Just now, Jericho said:

Yeah I thought you would, but Riga has definitely been revitalised since.

I'm not even sure how fair it is to judge any franchise by recent championships since Helsinki and Toronto have won 5 of the last 6 so obviously a few teams have missed out on ending a drought, including Davos, Riga, and Quebec.

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Hey now! I bailed because i had no intention of leaving Seattle and he traded for me. He never even asked me beforehand, he knows thats his fault.

I remember, I actually wasn't trying to call you out there. I would have done the same thing.

On a serious note, Riga to Moscow/St. Petersburg makes the most sense to me.  I think Davos being one of the league's most successful franchises merits them staying.

I'm fairly neutral on the idea of Quebec moving, as well as the VHLM teams.  But IMO, Chicago would be an obvious destination for the Meute if they were ever moved.

Edited by solas

Move Riga to St Petersburg or Moscow

Move Quebec to Chicago

We are already contracting in the VHLM, and it is likely going to be Moscow as one of the two teams taken down. The other should obviously be Brampton. Ottawa and Saskatoon are fine Canadian representations. Yukon should be relocated to Minnesota. (Someone on this board recently suggested it, I can't recall who but I realized they were right, it's silly considering Minnesota is basically Canada in USA) 

Then you have VHLM looking like

NA - Ottawa, Saskatoon, Minnesota
EU - Oslo, Bern, Bratislava

Edited by Mr. Power