Am I the Luckiest VHL Member?

Molholt

I technically joined the VHL in like S23, for about two weeks or so, before promptly leaving in the VHLM and not coming back until about S32 with Jarkko Olsen. Again, I went inactive in the VHLM after I was drafted to Riga. I was gone for a bit, but we'll consider my VHL start to be S33, Jarkko's draft year. 

I came back in S36, when I was now on Davos and in the Continental Cup finals. My arrival sparked the Dynamo winning that Cup (you all know it's true, solely responsible, right here). I stuck around then, and we lost the S37 Cup to Remy, but we were still there. We won the S38 Cup and then I sorta briefly took over as GM in a weird transition of power that almost immediately went to Coach. We went to the finals in S39 but lost to NY - but still, another finals trip. I then went to Riga to finish out Olsen's career - where I won them a Cup with a Game 7 GWG. So Olsen won 3 Cups and went to 5 straight Continental Cup finals in his career once I came back. 

I then created A.C. Savage, a shit player which was a total waste of time (and carryover). However, he was around for S42 and then S43 - and lo and behold, despite being awful as a player and being on a bad Seattle team, we won the damn Continental Cup somehow. I don't know how, honestly. I'm convinced it was rigged, but again, I'm making the case for me being lucky - so, luck. 

I promptly retired and created Max, who joined the VHL in S45 and has now won the S48, S49 and S50 Continental Cups and is playing in the S51 Cup finals, four straight finals, winning 3. 

That means that in my time in the league, since S33, I've been here for 18 seasons. If you take out my VHLM seasons, when I couldn't contend, I've been here for 15 seasons (VHLM seasons for Jarkko, A.C. and Max). In those 15 seasons, I've been in 10 Continental Cup finals and I've won 7 of them. I have a 70% winning percentage in the Cup finals, 100% as a GM (Or I guess 75%, depending on what you count S39 as). Both of those numbers could likely go down this year - but they could also go up. 

In short, I thought Olsen was lucky - Victor even wrote about how he was a good luck charm for Riga's Cup. But then, I won a Cup with Savage who was garbage. Then, I somehow topped Olsen with Max, by matching his Cup total, but doing it in a row instead of spread out. The only people who have more Cup wins than me? Smarch, tfong, Sterling and Victor - all of whom have been here for 20 seasons more than me, 30 in the case of Smarch and Sterling (and maybe fong?).

Anyway, I've been really lucky with Cups. That's all.

• Commissioner

I've only won 6 cups in 51 seasons; no idea how many finals appearance. In there I also had a drought of 15 seasons between White winning in S29 and Miller winning in S44. While some of those seasons were spent in the VHLM obviously (two seasons with Checkhov and 1 with Miller I believe) I can still say that in the span of my longest cup drought you got 7 cups. So yeah, fuck you. 

Edited by Beketov