One Year

FacePuncher

One year ago, on Sunday, December 6th, as I procrastinated studying for finals, I read a message on WebSim hockey. It was from a member that you all know on here as Ahma. It was advertising a website called VHL. The site was a player sim league, based on attributes you got from making articles and stuff. I was very unsure at first. I myself am a big GM league guy, so the thought of a player sim league was new and odd to me.

When Ahma gave me the rundown, and also I was introduced kindof shockingly to the league chat page, I got to making my player. First step, finding a cool name. Since I was just learning about the word for gift in our Russian class. Hence the birth of my player's last name, Podarok, or in Russian, Подарок. Then I went to the sites looking for a cool first name for my guy. I stopped on Bogdan(Богдан), because the website said it meant gods gift.

Then I had to decide what my player build was gonna be like. I decided I wanted to be a skill player, like one of my favorite players, Johnny Hockey. I wanted to be an undersized guy, one that everyone counted out, but who was fast as hell and had hands made of silk. So that's what I set out to do. Every time I got TPE, I would set it up like this: 5 to skating, 4 to puck handling, 3 to scoring, 2 to passing, 1 to defense, repeat.

now, after a whole year of real life time, I have 5 attributes maxed, on my 5th season, have a second player, won 3 Founders cups as a player and 1 as a GM, won a VHLM Best GM award, won a gold medal in the World Cup, and of course, made an entire inside joke inside of a LR post I stole from Bratislava.

Hooray for my VHL birthday today!

for Podarok

Edited by ADwyer87

10 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Which one?

The one about making an ideal player build. It wasn't when you were GM, it was when Banackock was in charge and my player was still on the Watchmen, don't worry.

And that's why @eaglesfan036 kept banning me

Recruiting Adwyer is one of my proudest VHL moments, I brought an amazing active member to sim leagues :)

And that's pretty much the only good thing I've done in VHL lol.