Why I will refuse to vote Jacob for Top VHLM Goalie

scoop

(for mist4ke)

Right now in the VHLM, mist4ke and Jacob are tied for the lead in save percentage at 0.911. mist4ke has a better GAA (1.7 to 1.85) and Jacob has one more shutout (13 to 12). It's hard to think that, with just a handful of games remaining, any other goalie will put up a fight for top goalie in the VHLM. I have a particularly vested interested in this race, as mist4ke is not only my team's goalie, but he is my goalie. Jacob, meanwhile, is Higgins' goalie. And I do not want him to win top goalie.

Here is the reason I won't vote for Jacob: for what I presume was the first 42 games of the season, his attributes were very incorrect. He had several attributes above 35 (I think in total, it was 120 or 130 points applied) when he actually should have had all 35's. I suppose I don't know for sure if it was all season up to that point, but that's when I noticed. And that's when Higgins updated the file to put him at the 35's where he belonged. The fact that this was just a large discrepancy is why I will not vote for Jacob. Yes, I understand that it may ultimately mean I vote for my own player despite having worse stats than another, but for over half of the season, Jacob's attributes in the sim were far off of where they should've been, and it's because Higgins "may have overshot the attributes by a bit."

Edited by Streetlite

3 hours ago, Kendrick said:

All these goalies whining and King is just over there making 45 saves a night.......on 53 shots that is. #GetSome

I've had some five-or-fewer save shutouts and it's just like.. I don't even feel good about those games.

Edited by Streetlite