Game of Thrones

Victor

Honestly, I think it would have fit perfectly with Obara. Ellaria, not so much

I agree. I don't remember which one it was in the books that suggested it (I feel like it was Nym, but I dunno), but with how they've made show Obara it would fit.

It just seems really out of character for the bit of exposition they had about Ellaria last season. Not to mention, I know that Oberyn would NEVER want her pulling something like that, which is something she doesn't seem to be giving thought to. It's the same bullshit writing that has them turning Loras from a praised knight into being basically just a horny gay guy in the show who didn't show any sort of lasting mourning over Renly.

They'd rather go dramatic and edgy than show people legitimately mourning their lost loved ones the way that happens in the books, and it's bullshit.

can someone explain that stonemen shit ? Like, is this a big deal or ?

That stuff that's on Stannis' daughter (Shireen)'s face is called Greyscale. In one of the last couple episodes, Stannis was talking to her about how most people with Greyscale get sent to the Ruins of Valyria because there's no known cure (he said himself IIRC that he doesn't even know what stopped it, only that he sent for every maester and healer he could find until she was cured/the spread stopped). Then Gilly was talking to Shireen about Greyscale when she was mentioning how some of her sisters had it and they went crazy and eventually Craster took them into the woods and killed them.

The stonemen are what both those stories were referring to. If not cured, the person with Greyscale will eventually become covered in it and become pretty much insane, so once someone's diagnosed with it, they're usually exiled to the Ruins of Valyria to live out whatever remains of their lives and let the disease take its course. It's not as big a deal in the books just yet, but with the way the show's focusing on it I'd say it's not too far fetched to think that it will be a pretty big deal.

Edited by Caillean

As far as I know there's not really mention in the books of whether Greyscale goes into the blood (in which case cutting off the appendage/limb would do nothing to stop the spread) or if it's just topical (in which case it would), so it's pretty up in the air. A lot of people have been asking this since last night, but we just don't know.

The stonemen are what both those stories were referring to. If not cured, the person with Greyscale will eventually become covered in it and become pretty much insane, so once someone's diagnosed with it, they're usually exiled to the Ruins of Valyria to live out whatever remains of their lives and let the disease take its course. It's not as big a deal in the books just yet, but with the way the show's focusing on it I'd say it's not too far fetched to think that it will be a pretty big deal.

Without getting into specifics I think it's fair to say at this point that the show and the books are going to have somewhat major differences. I don't think what happens in one will affect the other too much.

I've been reading that some people think Greyscale is going to replace that other sickness in the books. I can see it.

Edited by flyersfan1493