Claimed: The Pajodcast - Snoozing Through Excitement

Devise

http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/CktS96uz/file.html

We start slow, as I was dealing with some off-season stuff during, but we build up and up to a legit quality. Longer one today since we had a lot to ramble about. We cover the draft, the recent and only big free agency signing, we also then go deep into the award voting this season including our own award votes. We also give some teasers for the "bigger" future of the Pajodcast, something that continues to build momentum and ideas. We are taking this thing to the next level, but don't worry the traditional point task Pajodcast you know and begrudgingly love will stay the same. However we do have some bigger ideas with this thing as I've been discussing for weeks now. Anyway, enjoy. 

Also @eaglesfan036 #TrustTheProcess :P 

Edited by Devise

"Our quality isn't that bad"

its actually a lot better than it used to be

I guess Kyle Snow's ear rapes do eventually get easier to listen to over time.

Pajodcast becoming commercial would be very interesting though.

Edited by Corco

7 minutes ago, Corco said:

That has everything to do with Ryan's audio levels and nothing to do with my voice. That shit'll get fixed in post.

1 hour ago, Corco said:

I fixed that shit yo. When I listened on my PC everyone was way too quiet, could barely hear shit. So on top of our levels being adjusted on my mixlr, I then beefed up the overall audio. I even listened to it back. I seriously think you guys have your volume overall too high, or somehow I'm still too quiet. But keep in mind my headset is far more quiet (for now) than theirs in general. Plus I think I was being extra quiet at the start due to my roommates sister sleeping. Still, when I listened to it I never had any issues with someone being too loud but I had my PC volume around 50 percent and I could hear me a little less, but the whole thing was loud enough to listen to. 

But I mean if we are going commercial. Thank you for your feedback listener, we'll be addressing our audio issues more in the future, and we hope you stick with us through this inconvenience. :P 

Edited by Devise

• Commissioner

When you guys move over to YouTube do you think you'll be popping face cams on so that we have something to actually look at with the video or is it just going to be like a logo with the voiceover?

Also, you needed an editor for things and you never came to me, that hurts :P

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

When you guys move over to YouTube do you think you'll be popping face cams on so that we have something to actually look at with the video or is it just going to be like a logo with the voiceover?

To be fair, you literally heard the first talks about it. Ryan was looking for an editor for his personal writings and Shane kind of struck the idea in us on air and we just rolled from there.

As for face cams, I was thinking about that last night after Ryan took off. Would look a lot better than just a,logo and our voices. If we can make it happen probably do facecams inside of an overlay.

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, Jericho said:

To be fair, you literally heard the first talks about it. Ryan was looking for an editor for his personal writings and Shane kind of struck the idea in us on air and we just rolled from there.

As for face cams, I was thinking about that last night after Ryan took off. Would look a lot better than just a,logo and our voices. If we can make it happen probably do facecams inside of an overlay.

It's honestly not that hard, as long as you all do a clap sync to make sure that everything stays synced it would be pretty easy to slap some face cams into an overlay and have a lot more visually than just a logo which would honestly be a little boring to watch. I know the point is to listen to it but still.

Just now, Beketov said:

It's honestly not that hard, as long as you all do a clap sync to make sure that everything stays synced it would be pretty easy to slap some face cams into an overlay and have a lot more visually than just a logo which would honestly be a little boring to watch. I know the point is to listen to it but still.

Yeah that was my thinking as well. It also just ups the professionalism.

9 hours ago, Beketov said:

Apologies, but honestly since your currently doing private CoDcasts once we have the channel up and running we'd happily integrate you as part of our platform. Aka playing CoD talking about CoD, we could join you in talking about CoD as you play it etc. Our idea here is that together as a bigger platform this thing stands a better chance at attracting and keeping a bigger audience. It's something we are open to exploring though. 

1 hour ago, Devise said:

Apologies, but honestly since your currently doing private CoDcasts once we have the channel up and running we'd happily integrate you as part of our platform. Aka playing CoD talking about CoD, we could join you in talking about CoD as you play it etc. Our idea here is that together as a bigger platform this thing stands a better chance at attracting and keeping a bigger audience. It's something we are open to exploring though. 

You were a MW2 fan correct?

1 hour ago, Pablo said:

You were a MW2 fan correct?

Accurate. I got big into shooters in general because of CoD 4, and MW2 I played tons and tons of hours of. I still put plenty of time into some of the sequels after until at a certain point for me the franchise hit a wall. Looking back on it, I'd say that wall was actually MW2, but because gamers often are addicts sometimes scratching the same itch with just enough of a twist every year works. I'm not saying I don't think they didn't make improvements over the years, but really the "template" for how every one of those games has looked from a MP perspective was built those first two years. It stopped becoming a case of adding wholly new features, or even reimagining how some of those features may look if we rebuilt them from the ground up. Instead it was reskinning, and trying to find how many ways you can tweak the system to keep people interested. It's not really a fault of theirs either. It happens everywhere in game development. Look at EA's sports titles. But it is a big reason why games like Overwatch can come out of nowhere and instantly dominate that space in an instant. With things like this I've found it often comes with knowing that balance. But I think while it's easy to shit on Activision for trying to grind it into the ground, no different than they did with Tony Hawk or Guitar Hero there is also some credit to be had; Call of Duty as a franchise has grown much larger and sustained a lot longer than even those other titles I mentioned. While they are a big publisher and with that comes a lot of big publisher problems, they still have built a very strong brand out of some smart straight up business tactics when they needed to.

Part of that, and you see this happening across the board in a lot of industries, look to film and tv as a clear cut example; building a big enough of a fanbase and then simply listening to that fanbase and giving them enough of exactly what they want that you keep a userbase established pretty much regardless of what you do, that is of course provided you don't make some big mistake that sends you crashing down. But I don't think Activision gets as much credit for it because it's cool to hate on big business in creative works because you know things can't be creative and sell out at the same time. :P Which of course isn't remotely accurate, and games in particular in a lot of ways have showcased how good innovative business practices can merge with good creative art in ways that provide experiences you'd never get otherwise. I mean is League of Legends and MOBA's so popular because of just the creative works, such as the characters, lore, and even the game design? Maybe. But not just because those games are free to play but how those games operate their free to play mechanics are pivotal to their success as well. And that is all business decisions. There is often an idea that ideals like this have to be mutually exclusive, and you'll notice this perspective is not just true of gaming either. Politically are you left or are you right? Do you prefer cars or trucks? Some people believe understanding something is finding a side you agree and defending it to the death. 

Anyway I'm rambling, you just happened to ask me that when in the process of watching a fantastic show called Halt and Catch Fire that has Lee Pace in it. It deals with a bunch of tech related companies during the 80's boom of computers, and explores a lot of different business practices and ideas that would eventually evolve into a lot of the world we see today. Everything from even online gaming to how important is hardware vs software gets explored. And even then you see classic examples of some the things I was talking about previously. There is often this very notion that art gets lost the moment business gets a hold of it. That you can't apply marketing or business tactics to creative works without destroying something from the work itself. Which is just silly. That isn't to say there isn't classic examples of bad marketing and marketing that lies about products. Sure that exists, but tasteful, applicable professionalism doesn't somehow destroy any creative work. It's about finding what works for the project and sticking with it. 

Three paragraphs, I'm good. :P 

15 hours ago, Devise said:

Accurate. I got big into shooters in general because of CoD 4, and MW2 I played tons and tons of hours of. I still put plenty of time into some of the sequels after until at a certain point for me the franchise hit a wall. Looking back on it, I'd say that wall was actually MW2, but because gamers often are addicts sometimes scratching the same itch with just enough of a twist every year works. I'm not saying I don't think they didn't make improvements over the years, but really the "template" for how every one of those games has looked from a MP perspective was built those first two years. It stopped becoming a case of adding wholly new features, or even reimagining how some of those features may look if we rebuilt them from the ground up. Instead it was reskinning, and trying to find how many ways you can tweak the system to keep people interested. It's not really a fault of theirs either. It happens everywhere in game development. Look at EA's sports titles. But it is a big reason why games like Overwatch can come out of nowhere and instantly dominate that space in an instant. With things like this I've found it often comes with knowing that balance. But I think while it's easy to shit on Activision for trying to grind it into the ground, no different than they did with Tony Hawk or Guitar Hero there is also some credit to be had; Call of Duty as a franchise has grown much larger and sustained a lot longer than even those other titles I mentioned. While they are a big publisher and with that comes a lot of big publisher problems, they still have built a very strong brand out of some smart straight up business tactics when they needed to.

Part of that, and you see this happening across the board in a lot of industries, look to film and tv as a clear cut example; building a big enough of a fanbase and then simply listening to that fanbase and giving them enough of exactly what they want that you keep a userbase established pretty much regardless of what you do, that is of course provided you don't make some big mistake that sends you crashing down. But I don't think Activision gets as much credit for it because it's cool to hate on big business in creative works because you know things can't be creative and sell out at the same time. :P Which of course isn't remotely accurate, and games in particular in a lot of ways have showcased how good innovative business practices can merge with good creative art in ways that provide experiences you'd never get otherwise. I mean is League of Legends and MOBA's so popular because of just the creative works, such as the characters, lore, and even the game design? Maybe. But not just because those games are free to play but how those games operate their free to play mechanics are pivotal to their success as well. And that is all business decisions. There is often an idea that ideals like this have to be mutually exclusive, and you'll notice this perspective is not just true of gaming either. Politically are you left or are you right? Do you prefer cars or trucks? Some people believe understanding something is finding a side you agree and defending it to the death. 

Anyway I'm rambling, you just happened to ask me that when in the process of watching a fantastic show called Halt and Catch Fire that has Lee Pace in it. It deals with a bunch of tech related companies during the 80's boom of computers, and explores a lot of different business practices and ideas that would eventually evolve into a lot of the world we see today. Everything from even online gaming to how important is hardware vs software gets explored. And even then you see classic examples of some the things I was talking about previously. There is often this very notion that art gets lost the moment business gets a hold of it. That you can't apply marketing or business tactics to creative works without destroying something from the work itself. Which is just silly. That isn't to say there isn't classic examples of bad marketing and marketing that lies about products. Sure that exists, but tasteful, applicable professionalism doesn't somehow destroy any creative work. It's about finding what works for the project and sticking with it. 

Three paragraphs, I'm good. :P 

Right up until you added that last one you fucking moron!

• Commissioner
19 hours ago, Devise said:

I'd totally be up for that. The big problem being the timing of it. The CoDCast I usually record at like 7am (Atlantic) when my wife has gone to work but I haven't yet. My ability to record later in the evening is far more limited unfortunately.

It would be cool to have a CoDCast with more than just myself though.