Digital Salutes Top Leader Cornerstone

gorlab

g7d8GV1.png

It was a very successful season for Bobby Digital and the New York Americans as the superstar defenseman found himself accepting the Continental Cup from Commissioner Draper for the second year in a row. Despite being essentially the only component of a back-to-back championship-winning defensive core, Digital has yet to receive an individual VHL awards thus far in his career. That trend continued when he received 0 votes for the S53 Sterling Labatte Trophy for top defenseman while the S53 Grimm Jonsson Award for top leader was awarded to the Helsinki Titans captain, Franchise Cornerstone.

When asked about his lack of individual recognition, and rumours of a VHL Award vote fixing scandal, after the Season 53 Awards Ceremony, the captain of the New York Americans gave the following statement;

"I thought the award ceremony was great and all of the award winners were very deserving of recognition. Individual awards are nice, but not something I particularly focus on or care about. My sole ambition is for the New York Americans hockey club to win the Continental Cup. We've been successful in that for the past two seasons and my goal is to continue the trend. I'm very happy for all of the award winners, and I specifically want to congratulate Franchise Cornerstone on his Grimm Johnson trophy. In my mind, he is a great player and a great guy. He's done a lot for the VHL and nobody is more deserving of that award this season."

Digital is entering the 6th season of his career and following back-to-back Continental Cup wins, the play-making defender will be looking to lead his New York Americans to a historic 3-peat to cement themselves as another modern-era VHL dynasty team whether individual awards come with that, or not.