Claimed: VHLM – Get Your Shit Together [1/2]

Tagger

This is the same topic I posted in the Thunderdome, but it's long enough for a PT so I'm submitting it as a Media, with a slight amendment.

First off, I’d like to congratulate the VHLM for being the first ever recipient of the “YEAH!stlemania made a Thunderdome topic about us which was not a joke about PIMs or being the best goalie in the league which means we done fucked up” award, well done to everyone involved. And yes, I’m using the Thunderdome section that’s named after me, because fuck you that’s why.

But seriously guys, I have been a staunch critic of the VHLM and development systems in sim leagues in general for a while now, but after I had created Ky, I was actually genuinely excited about being a part of the VHLM and not just because of the unique quirks of the player. I feel like the VHLM conceptually is moving in the right direction and while there’s a bit of “early instalment weirdness” such as the drop in stats and the Aces being able to make such an overpowering team, I think with a few adjustments here and there (I’ve seen some good suggestions in the BOG regarding what to do from here such as the further restrictions on draft pick trading which may or may not have already been added) I think we can actually make it into the solid development territory that the VHL wants it to be and it’s something that I hope I can be a part of with Ky. The only problem is, when I say “hope”, I don’t mean “Oh boy, I hope I can be a part of this someday, can’t right now but maybe I’ll be able to later” but instead “hope” being “For the love of god, I hope to hell that this isn’t yet another day where I’m not featured in a sim because this is taking the piss.”

For those of you who aren’t aware of what I’m talking about; I created Aackckqz Ky on Wednesday 3rd May, it is now Wednesday 10th May and for god knows what reason, I’m still not on a VHLM roster, nor have I featured in any VHLM sim since Ky was created. Not only that, I had to wait over four days until I finally received an offer after it appears that the GMs awoke from a slumber after it was made evidently clear that no VHLM player should be waiting four fucking days for a VHLM offer. So, on top of that, I agreed to join a team on Sunday, and it is now Wednesday and for god knows what reason, I’m still not in the fucking sim! It’s at this really bizarre point where I feel like for it to have ended up like this, I must have done something wrong, yet at the same time know that I absolutely haven’t!

Now honestly, if it was just me that was the issue, I wouldn’t even be making this Thunderdome thread, I might make reference to it in a media or a VHL.com article or something of that nature. But the problem is that it isn’t just me that is having these problems with the VHL, it’s actually several people that are having these same problems finding teams, whether that’s because they weren’t offered for by GM’s until ages later either or not ending up in the sim. I could just list them, but fuck it, here’s a Venn Diagram!

vsf3zdM.png

EDIT: It turns out I should have had Jackson Weekes in the middle of the diagram along with Ky. I had assumed he'd been added to the sim as Mr. Shakedown, who was signed a day or two later than Weekes, had been added to the sim almost as soon as he signed. However Weekes wasn't actually added to the sim until two days after Ky, and even then it was with a rating of 1 in every attribute. Weekes has now retired, citing these problems as reasons for his retirement. 

I think the worst name to see on this diagram is Matthieu Bourdon. While everyone else on the left-hand side or the middle created around the same period where every GM fell into a self-induced coma (IDK, it’s only the most prominent time for recreating players, no big deal!), Bourdon actually joined five days later, and is now having the same problems that those other players were having before him in that no VHLM GM is making him an offer, despite the fact that Frank has already alerted you guys to his availability and it was made clear not even a week prior that people shouldn’t be fucking waiting this long even just for OFFERS!

I think the extra detail that drove me to make this post in here was something that I found in a media spot that I just found to be another level of fucking ridiculous. In a thread that was essentially talking about the state of reviewers in the VHL, one VHLM commissioner and one VHLM GM (and I’m not tagging, because in an article titled “VHLM – Get Your Shit Together”, I would damn well hope you’d read it) stated that they’d be willing to help out with the reviewing, ALL WHILE THERE WERE GUYS WHO HAD BEEN WITHOUT AN OFFER IN THE VHLM FOR FOUR FUCKNG DAYS! How about instead of focusing on getting more jobs, you make sure you’re doing the jobs that you are currently assigned to do correctly first?

Look, I understand that this is all for fun better than anyone. Fuck, I made the guy who did nothing but hit people and made articles about how he’d burn down property and shit on ice rinks.  But VHLM guys, and I’m primarily talking to the Commissioners and the VHLM GM’s (bar Punkhippie and to a lesser extent Jardy since they had way too many defensemen anyways), I hope you guys do have fun in your roles and continue to enjoy the VHL and the VHLM, but you have to understand that in the roles you are in, you currently possess a significant amount of control over how much enjoyment and involvement OTHER PEOPLE can have in the VHLM and, right now, you just aren’t doing enough in that regard. It’s not difficult, nor time consuming, to make a bid for a player or let GM’s know of available players. These are the simple things that should be second nature to anyone in the role, let’s get it back on track, yeah?

*For Threencarnac*

Edited by YEAH!stlemania

2 hours ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

This is the same topic I posted in the Thunderdome, but it's long enough for a PT so I'm submitting it as a Media, with a slight amendment.

First off, I’d like to congratulate the VHLM for being the first ever recipient of the “YEAH!stlemania made a Thunderdome topic about us which was not a joke about PIMs or being the best goalie in the league which means we done fucked up” award, well done to everyone involved. And yes, I’m using the Thunderdome section that’s named after me, because fuck you that’s why.

But seriously guys, I have been a staunch critic of the VHLM and development systems in sim leagues in general for a while now, but after I had created Ky, I was actually genuinely excited about being a part of the VHLM and not just because of the unique quirks of the player. I feel like the VHLM conceptually is moving in the right direction and while there’s a bit of “early instalment weirdness” such as the drop in stats and the Aces being able to make such an overpowering team, I think with a few adjustments here and there (I’ve seen some good suggestions in the BOG regarding what to do from here such as the further restrictions on draft pick trading which may or may not have already been added) I think we can actually make it into the solid development territory that the VHL wants it to be and it’s something that I hope I can be a part of with Ky. The only problem is, when I say “hope”, I don’t mean “Oh boy, I hope I can be a part of this someday, can’t right now but maybe I’ll be able to later” but instead “hope” being “For the love of god, I hope to hell that this isn’t yet another day where I’m not featured in a sim because this is taking the piss.”

For those of you who aren’t aware of what I’m talking about; I created Aackckqz Ky on Wednesday 3rd May, it is now Wednesday 10th May and for god knows what reason, I’m still not on a VHLM roster, nor have I featured in any VHLM sim since Ky was created. Not only that, I had to wait over four days until I finally received an offer after it appears that the GMs awoke from a slumber after it was made evidently clear that no VHLM player should be waiting four fucking days for a VHLM offer. So, on top of that, I agreed to join a team on Sunday, and it is now Wednesday and for god knows what reason, I’m still not in the fucking sim! It’s at this really bizarre point where I feel like for it to have ended up like this, I must have done something wrong, yet at the same time know that I absolutely haven’t!

Now honestly, if it was just me that was the issue, I wouldn’t even be making this Thunderdome thread, I might make reference to it in a media or a VHL.com article or something of that nature. But the problem is that it isn’t just me that is having these problems with the VHL, it’s actually several people that are having these same problems finding teams, whether that’s because they weren’t offered for by GM’s until ages later either or not ending up in the sim. I could just list them, but fuck it, here’s a Venn Diagram!

vsf3zdM.png

EDIT: It turns out I should have had Jackson Weekes in the middle of the diagram along with Ky. I had assumed he'd been added to the sim as Mr. Shakedown, who was signed a day or two later than Weekes, had been added to the sim almost as soon as he signed. However Weekes wasn't actually added to the sim until two days after Ky, and even then it was with a rating of 1 in every attribute. Weekes has now retired, citing these problems as reasons for his retirement. 

I think the worst name to see on this diagram is Matthieu Bourdon. While everyone else on the left-hand side or the middle created around the same period where every GM fell into a self-induced coma (IDK, it’s only the most prominent time for recreating players, no big deal!), Bourdon actually joined five days later, and is now having the same problems that those other players were having before him in that no VHLM GM is making him an offer, despite the fact that Frank has already alerted you guys to his availability and it was made clear not even a week prior that people shouldn’t be fucking waiting this long even just for OFFERS!

I think the extra detail that drove me to make this post in here was something that I found in a media spot that I just found to be another level of fucking ridiculous. In a thread that was essentially talking about the state of reviewers in the VHL, one VHLM commissioner and one VHLM GM (and I’m not tagging, because in an article titled “VHLM – Get Your Shit Together”, I would damn well hope you’d read it) stated that they’d be willing to help out with the reviewing, ALL WHILE THERE WERE GUYS WHO HAD BEEN WITHOUT AN OFFER IN THE VHLM FOR FOUR FUCKNG DAYS! How about instead of focusing on getting more jobs, you make sure you’re doing the jobs that you are currently assigned to do correctly first?

Look, I understand that this is all for fun better than anyone. Fuck, I made the guy who did nothing but hit people and made articles about how he’d burn down property and shit on ice rinks.  But VHLM guys, and I’m primarily talking to the Commissioners and the VHLM GM’s (bar Punkhippie and to a lesser extent Jardy since they had way too many defensemen anyways), I hope you guys do have fun in your roles and continue to enjoy the VHL and the VHLM, but you have to understand that in the roles you are in, you currently possess a significant amount of control over how much enjoyment and involvement OTHER PEOPLE can have in the VHLM and, right now, you just aren’t doing enough in that regard. It’s not difficult, nor time consuming, to make a bid for a player or let GM’s know of available players. These are the simple things that should be second nature to anyone in the role, let’s get it back on track, yeah?

*For Threencarnac*

As a new guy myself, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt, I'm still without an offer but that's not what I wanted to add to this.

The biggest worry isn't for people like you, you know? You've been here for an extremely long time and the odds of you leaving are very low. Imagine someone in my shoes who isn't sure about sticking around.

Now, I'm hoping to be here for the long hall but what about someone who isn't? Who wants to try it out but isn't quite sure? How likely are they going to be to stick around if it takes a week to find a team and another week to get in the game? Seems to me like that's a lot of new members wasted who might've stuck around if given the chance.

Again, this is my 3rd day on the site. Feel free to ignore everything I'm saying and I have no idea if it's my place to be saying anything at all because I'm so new. But I guess I can offer a bit of a different perspective idk. 

Just my take.

36 minutes ago, canucks30 said:

As a new guy myself, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt, I'm still without an offer but that's not what I wanted to add to this.

The biggest worry isn't for people like you, you know? You've been here for an extremely long time and the odds of you leaving are very low. Imagine someone in my shoes who isn't sure about sticking around.

Now, I'm hoping to be here for the long hall but what about someone who isn't? Who wants to try it out but isn't quite sure? How likely are they going to be to stick around if it takes a week to find a team and another week to get in the game? Seems to me like that's a lot of new members wasted who might've stuck around if given the chance.

Again, this is my 3rd day on the site. Feel free to ignore everything I'm saying and I have no idea if it's my place to be saying anything at all because I'm so new. But I guess I can offer a bit of a different perspective idk. 

Just my take.

your situation is also compounded by the fact that we are in playoffs and i'm not sure players can be added to rosters now in the sim. It's a shitty time to join, but in no time you'll be contacted by GMs and looking at being a building block for VHLM teams next season 

Edited by Smarch

17 minutes ago, Smarch said:

your situation is also compounded by the fact that we are in playoffs and i'm not sure players can be added to rosters now in the sim. It's a shitty time to join, but in no time you'll be contacted by GMs and looking at being a building block for VHLM teams next season 

That is correct, players cannot be added to a team's roster once the playoffs start. 

1 hour ago, Smarch said:

No I understand that. Wasn't really my point. I was mentioning more about YEAH!stlemania's situation

2 hours ago, canucks30 said:

Just my take.

There are some elements where you're right and some where you're wrong. As it turns out, I actually fully intended to retire both of my players if the VHLM issue wasn't sorted out quick enough, it was actually on the day that I was giving the VHLM it's "last chance", which was the second day after I originally posted this article, that it was resolved. Had it not been fixed, I figured there was nothing more I could've done and would have retired both of my guys. I'm not making that up as a counter-point, that was what was going to happen. And as a further counter-point to the odds of people who've been in the league for a while leaving, we actually just had one guy who has been here longer than myself (Jackson Weekes) retire because of the issue I referred to in the article, so I think you've underestimated the effect that not being treated in the correct manner can do to someone regardless of the length of their tenure. 

I agree completely that it would suck for a guy who is new not to have an offer over three days absolutely, and you're right that the length that a player may be prepared to put up with that kind of treatment in comparison to someone whose been here a while is considerably shorter. But the point of the article wasn't about my specific situation (like I mentioned in the article, I only made the thread because other people were having the exact same issue), but was instead addressing that the way that the VHLM was running was unacceptable across the board, there is no reason that any player, returning or new to the site, goes without an offer for that length of time. The intention of the article was to get  the VHLM GM's attitudes in check and make the VHLM a better place for everyone. 

Edited by YEAH!stlemania

I do think it's a case of bad luck to an extent - three VHLM GMs, two of which were long-term (Street and TLO), had life stuff happen within a short span, which is a lot more noticeable with 5 teams than 10. But it is incumbent on the VHLM Commishes in that case to have either a quick trigger or a backup plan (like punkhippie in Vegas) though. I know my stuff was settled quick because I was pushy and tagged people in every thread to get stuff done, but I also know I wouldn't have done that as a new member.

1 minute ago, JardyB10 said:

Indeed, if I was able to be online more often, none of this would have happened and I would have 30 roster players. >_<

Is the Lynx GM position still available after you get knocked out by the Aces?

15 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

Is the Lynx GM position still available after you get knocked out by the Aces?

The Lynx position has been available for the last two seasons really.

The VHLM really has been a little crazy this season. The whole Vegas/Robbie situation of being super stacked, and on top of that the Robbie/NUCK/Vegas situation where NUCK was going to leave the VHL because of it.

Then all this GM inactivity by not claiming players, then when they are claimed, not being added to the sim.

It's really unfortunate. I haven't really seen it that way in my time here. GMs need to get their shit together.

Although, like you guys said, now it's playoffs.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to VHLM – Get Your Shit Together [1/2]