Claimed: A Boring Over Used Idea for a Media Spot [1/2]

Megster

A Brief Ranking of Oskar Ingolfsson’s Top VHLM Destinations

To do this ranking I employed a pros and cons metric where I weighted different categories based on different things.  Under the pros column for every team is competing (I reversed their order based on standings and current games played in the playoffs), logo (just my own personal opinion out of a maximum ranking of 5), general manager (same thing as logo, but this more had to do with the relationships I may or may not have had with general managers in the past), and location (this was based off what I thought would be most beneficial to my player’s back story for future articles).  In the cons sections I had two categories, strength on right wing (which was calculated literally by counting every right wing on the roster with complete disregard to possible call ups to the VHL) and “how many players will be lost to call ups” (which was essentially me just guessing based on TPE and sometimes player page creation date, the logic being the more call ups the less likely to compete at the same level next year).

5.) Las Vegas Aces

daVGmgo.jpg

Pros:

Competing – 2

Logo – 3

General Manger – 0

Location – 3

Cons:

Strength on RW – 4

Call ups – 3

Total: 1

Even though the Aces won their first round playoff series they are still currently losing to the Oslo Storm in the playoffs so based on their standings and playoff performance I have decided they are the 4th best team in the league.  Their logo is okay, though I am not a huge fan of the color scheme.  Location is okay as well and could have maybe earned 1 more point as I could see some fun stories coming from a Las Vegas environment.  General manager is the big problem here for the Aces as BobertZ is either a member I’ve never met, or one I don’t remember at all.  Let’s talk about their cons, they have four right wings right now, the most out of any team.  I would like to play top six minutes but at the least top nine when I am drafted.  They are losing three players to call ups which is about the average out of these teams.  Total they had a rating of 8 pros and 7 cons which gives them a grand total of 1 point, what really hurt these guys is that I don’t know their general manager, but I want to make it clear that I will play anywhere that feels like drafting me.

4.) Ottawa Lynx

?app=core&module=system&controller=redir

Pros:

Competing – 3

Logo – 2

General Manager – 5

Location – 3

Cons:

Strength on RW – 2

Call Ups – 6 (this is probably a little high, but this is just guess work)

Total: 5

The Ottawa Lynx are right in the middle of the pack right now in competing because despite being the second overall seed they are losing to the Saskatoon Wild by one game right now.  Their logo leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion, just not a fan of the black and gold color scheme, but that’s not really a big deal.  Jardy is my favorite out of the potential general managers I may have as we always got along and I always really liked his weird back story of being an engineering farmer.  Plus I can only hope that a locker room with Jardy would lead to more llama madness or whatever that old thread was called.  Location for my personal story line isn’t great because Oskar is Icelandic and Ottawa is just the capital of Canada to him, much like Berlin is just the capital of Germany to most of us.  Ottawa got hit hard with the cons, while their strength on right wing is average compared to the other teams, they are losing potentially 6 players depending on who updates in the next couple of weeks.  I noticed a lot of their players were kind of sort of close to the cap, yet some of them seem to be inactive.  I couldn’t really clear cut tell who was going to be called up and who wasn’t so I just kind of guessed and went with a surprisingly high 6 players.  The Ottawa Lynx ended up with 13 points under pros and 8 under cons which gave them a total of 5 points and landed them 4th on my list.

3.) Saskatoon Wild

Emh8dY8.png

Pros:

Competing – 4

Logo – 4

General Manager – 1

Location – 3

Cons:

Strength on RW – 2

Call Ups – 4

Total: 6

The Saskatoon Wild slide in at third on this list, they are currently winning their playoff series but because they were the third overall seed I made them the second best team.  This team has my favorite logo out of all five and I particularly enjoy the color scheme.  I gave the general manager a 1 because I feel like I might know TheLastOlympian but I don’t really know anything about him and am still not sure if I do actually know him or if this is just my mind playing tricks on me.   The location was okay I guess, just average for me another town that Oskar may not even know of and probably certainly doesn’t care about.  For cons they have only 2 right wings on their roster, what I would consider an average number after doing this.  They are also losing the second most players to call ups potentially with 4.  In total they earned 12 pros, which was actually less than Ottawa, but only earned 6 cons, so they managed to hold them off for the third spot with 6 points.

2.) Yukon Rush

cWhMzcZ.png

Pros:

Competing – 1

Logo – 3

General Manager – 5

Location – 4

Cons:

Strength on RW – 3

Call ups – 0

Total: 10

The Yukon Rush are obviously in a rebuilding phase right now and despite ranking teams based on compete level I would still love to be a part of that.  I like their logo and their color scheme reminds me of the Riga Reign, which was my first ever VHL team and I loved it there.  The Rush got a five for general manager mainly because of name recognition.  I’ve never been best friends with Streetlight, but I did always feel like if he thought I was right he would have my back even if it was me having the argument which sounds like a simple concept “always do the right thing,” yet it sometimes isn’t that simple and I always have admired his ability to stick to his guns in the face of adversity.  Besides that, Streetlight is a highly tenured member and I feel like I would be in great hands and that the rebuild would proceed with direction and conviction instead of hanging out in purgatory.  For location I gave Yukon a 4 because I just feel like someone with the last name Ingolfsson would enjoy being on the Yukon, and since my character comes from a small fishing town it just felt like a really solid fit for me.  For their cons they currently have 3 right wings, but literally none of them are even remotely serviceable and I will quickly pass them in TPE.  As far as I can tell, unless something crazy happens, the Rush will have 0 call ups this off season and that helped them out a lot in this ranking.  In total they tied the Lynx with 13 pros and managed to only earn 3 cons, the lowest of anyone on this list, for a grand total of 10 points.

1.) Oslo Storm

RXDlKo8.png

Pros:

Competing – 5

Logo – 3

General Manager – 3

Location – 5

Cons:

Strength on RW – 1

Call ups – 3

Total: 12

The Oslo Storm come in at number one which kind of surprised me because I didn’t peg them as the top team for me at first glance, but the numbers don’t lie.  Obviously the Storm are the best team in the league right now having been the first overall seed and currently winning their playoff series by 1 game.  Their logo is all right, I like the concept behind it, but I particularly enjoy the color scheme.  For the general manager I gave them 3 points because I can clearly remember Bushito, but not well enough to have a strong opinion on him.  However, I remember several members talking at length about what a great general manager he always was in football leagues and because of that and the obvious success of his current team, I have a lot of faith in him as a general manager.  For location Oslo scored the highest of anyone on my list because Iceland is literally right next door to Norway and it feels like it would be the best place for my player to go to continue his story and life.  For cons they kind of got lucky because they have a pretty heavy roster, but only one right wing so they only lost one point from that.  From what I can tell they also only have 3 potential call ups next season which is pretty good.  All in all they had far and away the most pros at 16 and only 4 cons giving them a very strong total of 12 points.

Some Take Aways:

First off I want to reiterate that I will play for any team, in any position, for as long as you will have me.  I look forward to joining a VHLM team in the next couple of weeks and getting back into these leagues because recently I have missed them in my life.  Some things I found interesting when doing this article were Ottawa having the most cons with 8, which was admittedly probably an overstatement in the call ups section.  I also thought it was really interesting that the worst team and the best team were second and first in that respective order, I think it showed that there were a lot more factors going into this ranking than just compete level.  I also thought it was funny that the same people are still cycling as general managers after all of these years, some things never change I guess.

The General Managers haven't been updated on the forum in a while unfortunately. I'm the current general manager of the Las Vegas Aces.

BobertZ is Robbie Zimmers if that name rings any bells for you. Think around the last time you were here his player would have been Guido Schwarz

5 minutes ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

The General Managers haven't been updated on the forum in a while unfortunately. I'm the current general manager of the Las Vegas Aces.

BobertZ is Robbie Zimmers if that name rings any bells for you. Think around the last time you were here his player would have been Guido Schwarz

@Higgins @Will

Can we update the GM's please. 

11 hours ago, Gooningitup said:

Wait we are losing to Oslo? Last i checked we were up 2-1 :P

I did this like 3 days ago but never finished up the last paragraph so only one game had been played in the second round. It's all out of date apparently lol

• Corco changed the title to Claimed: A Boring Over Used Idea for a Media Spot [1/2]