My late suggestions that will get ignored [1/2]

Gooningitup

Do away with Welfare, replace with DAILY activity check.

Basically simple idea here, remove welfare put up 5 daily checks for 1 TPE each. This promotes daily log ins to check more than just games. It adds abit extra compared to the welfare system which benifits the old boys club more than new members. This entices new members to stick around, and help build better players quicker. Even just weekly but i think that just becomes a welfare system it means come check in one day and leave till next week.

Fix or remove podcasts.

Im so sick of hearing podcasts that start with music, or talk about daily lives. Why do i have to make a 500 piece article that stays on topic, but a podcast can be more than half none league related crap. Either force them to stay on the VHL topic or remove them all together. This is nothing against these guys, but its a way to exploit the system. Maybe just cut the time it needs to be? If 50 minutes is seen as crazy, and it is. Then shorten it that way things are much more VHL focused.

Change media again

We want to promote activity but decided to take away it by allowing longer media that keeps members from posting more for weeks. I think it should have options, either hey ya dont claim for X amount of weeks or a higher TPE pay out. Example 1000 words 9 TPE 2000 15 3000 21 etc. If someone wants to pump out crazy articles. Every week to build a beast why not let them. Its not like were gunna have a million 2k essays a week to read thats a chore. For those like me who struggle to write 500 words, on one topic why not allow 2 articles worth 3 each a week? Again means more media and activity for the league, and helps non english speakers. 

Remove fan 590 

We all know most of them are crap anyways, with my ideas its increases TPE earning so gotta take something out to balence it. Its a waste of time anyways i think im one of few who covers a VHL topic alot are just small crap pieces for a free TPE. Besides the check makes it 5 TPE, and promotes daily log ins and reading of media.

Pre-Builds 

Have a set build, does not need set limits max or mins. But it allows people to have defined roles for example. Give them the 30 TPE, ontop of maybe a stat or 2 boosted to 50? Example a sniper would have puck handling and scoring at 50, and 30TPE to play with to improve elsewhere. Its a raw idea, could use some more ground work but i think it add atleast an early variety. 

I feel well all the ideas may not be fully flushed out, they atleast have some solid ground work to build on. Hopefully someone, looks and maybe builds a deeper idea on my main idea.

Edited by Gooningitup

1 hour ago, Gooningitup said:

Fix or remove podcasts.

Im so sick of hearing podcasts that start with music, or talk about daily lives. Why do i have to make a 500 piece article that stays on topic, but a podcast can be more than half none league related crap. Either force them to stay on the VHL topic or remove them all together. This is nothing against these guys, but its a way to exploit the system.

It takes about 50 minutes to make a Podcast. It can take 15 minutes to make a Media Spot. Hardly an issue

I like some of these ideas. Activity check isn't too bad - maybe weekly is best though! 

I like the "extra TPE" for media - also having finances on and money being a bigger thing on here would help.. carry over money.. more of a leash for contracts and salary cap. 

Prebuild isnt bad bad but I'd rather have archetypes with say, 30 + 20 starting TPE. 

4 hours ago, Kendrick said:

It takes about 50 minutes to make a Podcast. It can take 15 minutes to make a Media Spot. Hardly an issue

Its more my issue with the fact its usually more bullshit non VHL stuff than it is VHL. Also im the exception but a 500 word media piece is 3 hours to me lol 

53 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Its more my issue with the fact its usually more bullshit non VHL stuff than it is VHL. Also im the exception but a 500 word media piece is 3 hours to me lol 

In a 50 minute segment, there is bound to be some off-topic stuff. Why dont you do one? If not, don't hate just because you cant.

• Commissioner
5 hours ago, Gooningitup said:

Podcasters try to stay on topic as much as possible but when you’re sitting talking to a microphone and not editing the content afterwards (which I don’t think any of us do) you can’t really be expected to keep every word exactly VHL related. Plus most answer questions which are half non-VHL at best.

As @Kendrick pointed out, for most Podcasting takes longer than writing an MS so there is a fair trade off there as long as an effort is at least made. Obviously if I made a CoDCast and didn’t mention the VHL once that would be an issue (and a let’s play) but no one is going around doing that to my knowledge.

• TheLastOlympian07 changed the title to My late suggestions that will get ignored [1/2]

Review

This was a good article with decent suggestions, one that stood out was removing Fan 590's. I think this should happen because no one really cares about them. IMO we should get rid of them and just add that 1 TPE to MS' as a payout that would be something that everyone would like and give more incentive to writing