[S58] -- (S52) Alexander Thrower

STZ

According to the n

5 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I think a contract still has to be offered to claim him

According to the new rules you just priority claim inactives and they get their Minimum contract afterwards

20 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Oh okays so because of Zayn you'd be last in the priority anyways

Absolutely, contracts seem to be for if you think you can get them to sign. Placing a claim is for the Inactive UFA's

Edited by Bushito

5 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

That is true, it does. I think it may have been implemented for that very reason, I can't remember correctly.

It was implemented because of people just posting 7 mil on every free agent after it opened and then auto winning. It's far improved from the old system and it gives the worst teams the best shot which makes sense. Just weird it wasn't added to the rules.

Edited by Bushito

Just now, Bushito said:

It was implemented because of people just posting 7 mil on every free agent after it opened and then auto winning. It's far improved from the old system and it gives the worst teams the best shot which makes sense.

I agree and disagree. It should make the worst teams have a better shot, not the best shot. The reason I say that is that we want to create parity for sure, but we also don't want to reward teams who may have also chosen to go through a rebuild at the same time. I don't think there is a 100% success rate on any rule we've discussed surrounding it to be honest. But this one is better than previous ones

16 minutes ago, Tyler said:

so if there's an inactive UFA someone offers 2.5 M you say "claim" and you get them at a league min?

Exactly because you don't offer money anymore, it's like a waiver priority thing now. Offering money only matters if you can get someone to sign that contract. Otherwise if they don't sign within 24 hours the top claim will land the player.

Just now, STZ said:

Haha ok. My claim is clearly uncontested for 12hrs.. Good luck with that.

You didn't make a claim, not that I care much, you have higher priority than me but we have to differentiate between the two, an offer and a claim because they can not be used as the same thing or it'll be even more confusion. 

Just now, Bushito said:

You didn't make a claim, not that I care much, you have higher priority than me but we have to differentiate between the two, an offer and a claim because they can not be used as the same thing or it'll be even more confusion. 

I posted S58 - league min.. how is that not a claim? Explain to me where the rule book states how that is an invalid claim. The rule book doesn’t say it needs to be claimed as if it were waivers.

Pretty sure my original post is a valid claim, just because I didn’t use that terminology. I offered the one year league min as per the rules

• Senior Admin

Also, yeah, STZ gets this player. There's no need to differentiate between someone posting a contract at minimum and someone posting the word claim, that's just cherry picking. But hopefully that will be a bit more clear and organized once the other section is set up, sorry, I meant to have this ready before this off-season we've just been very busy with the other changes.