Zhields Drops to 5th Overall

STZ

Quebec City, Canada

After high speculation as to where he would go in the draft, Bryce Zhields was selected 5th Overall by the Quebec City Meute. After announcing his draft eligibility for the VHL, he quickly shot down any rumours saying he would play for any team in the VHL despite his strong connections to the New York Americans via the STZ Player Agency. This will be the latest draft pick for the STZ Player Agency in VHL History as the former players are as follows; Ethan Osborne (1st OV), Jake Wylde (GM Rule), Unassisted (2nd OV), Rhett DeGrath (2PP 2nd OV), and Ike Arkander (GM Rule). It is surprising that not only with the track record of the draft history but the fact that every single player who is HOF eligible has been inducted.

So what is it that Zhields is lacking that has GM's worried? Davos GM @Tyler passed on the opportunity at the 3rd pick, while the Calgary Wranglers GM @Bushito actually passed on him twice both at 2nd OV and 4th OV. The GM of the Quebec City Meute @Beaviss picked him at 5th as a low-risk pick, after passing on him with one of his early picks. 

Reporters asked Zhields to weigh in on his future in the VHL and how the draft may have changed his mindset;

Reporter: How do you feel about your future in the VHL, and now that you are ranked the 5th best prospect in this draft, is the pressure off?

Zhields: I'm excited to be in Quebec City. I have mentors that have strong roots in Quebec, as both Jake and Unassisted both spent a lot of time in the city. I still feel a lot of pressure, I'm going to make those GM's pay for not picking me. They are going to look back on this draft and think "how the hell could you let this player slip through your fingers". You think because I fall in the draft that I don't have big shoes to fill? I'll always be compared to the Osborne's and Wylde's of the world - I need to be the best player I can be.

:que::que::que::que::que::que::que::que::que::que::que::que::que::que::que::que::que::que::que::que::que::que::que::que::que::que:

• Commissioner

Honestly it amazes me that you fell all the way to 5th but it definitely makes Quebec look like a much better destination. @Beaviss, I’ll be keeping an eye on you next season’s draft.

5 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Honestly it amazes me that you fell all the way to 5th but it definitely makes Quebec look like a much better destination. @Beaviss, I’ll be keeping an eye on you next season’s draft.

You've been holding onto that avatar for like 20+ seasons waiting to play with me again tbh

• Commissioner
21 minutes ago, STZ said:

You've been holding onto that avatar for like 20+ seasons waiting to play with me again tbh

Pretty much.

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Because roux is more likely to stick around after three seasons tbh 

Things that have never been said about DT for 200.

8 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I trust him and have had good conversations with him for a few weeks

peiole said the sams about robbie too ?

• Commissioner
15 minutes ago, Tyler said:

I trust him and have had good conversations with him for a few weeks

peiole said the sams about robbie too ?

I’m joking. He’s actually been proving himself pretty well lately.

24 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Not really sure why

it makes sense for a gm to not want to help a competitor 

I suppose you should have done your due diligence and spoke with the draftee more before the draft. I don’t know why you are implying that I’m leaving QC after 3 seasons lol. 

11 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Yeah I’d never draft a fellow GMs player. As good as STZ is I’m about to go head to head with New York 

What was the concern? That I would be in your LR or that I would go inactive to screw you over? Or were you still in the same mindset as Tyler that I would leave after 3 seasons even though I can’t sign myself in NY.

1 hour ago, STZ said:

I suppose you should have done your due diligence and spoke with the draftee more before the draft. I don’t know why you are implying that I’m leaving QC after 3 seasons lol. 

Damn youre trying real hard go be the new boubabi 

7 hours ago, Beketov said:

Hurtful and disrespectful.

6 hours ago, STZ said:

Gonna bookmark this thread

Bookmark it, screenshot it, take a picture, print it out, tweet it, instagram it, facebook it, etc. Whatever you need to do. I have never left a team via free agency.

Edited by Bring Back Player 2 (Tri)

2 hours ago, Bring Back Player 2 (Tri) said:

Hurtful and disrespectful.

Bookmark it, screenshot it, take a picture, print it out, tweet it, instagram it, facebook it, etc. Whatever you need to do. I have never left a team via free agency.

I was talking about myself not leaving after three lol