Thompson Ranks Draft Destinations - Part 1

Beketov

• Commissioner

While we still have quite a bit of time left in the season before the draft, Season 61 stars are already looking at VHL teams to see where they might want to end up. Ottawa Lynx star Matt Thompson, who is expected to be one of the top picks in the S61 draft, is no exception. While the winger has admitted he will gladly play for any team he also released his preferences of which teams he would prefer; if given the choice. The following is part 1 of that list; from least desired to most desired.

_______

8. :tor: Toronto Legion :tor:

Nothing against the Legion per say, they are a great franchise and I loved my time there with Sokolov. While I'd love to play with @DollarAndADream again, ultimately I don't see it being possible with them not having a first round pick in this draft aside from NY’s which will likely end up being a rather late choice. I also think Toronto, unfortunately, sold themselves a little thin to try and get the cup; which sadly they did not manage to do. This has left them potentially in for a long rebuild. I'm not against helping a team win but I don't want to be stuck in a rebuild for my entire prime either.

7. :hel: Helsinki Titans :hel:

The Titans have been proving themselves an interesting team for being able to compete when realistically they shouldn't be. Problem is, how long will it last? I think Helsinki is on the downward spiral of it's dominating performances over the past few seasons and this leaves me concerned about what kind of state the team will be in. As with Toronto, I'm worried about a lengthy rebuild potentially being on the horizon.

6. :rig: Riga Reign :rig:

@hedgehog337 has dome some great stuff with Riga and honestly they seem like they would have a fun locker room to be apart of. Sadly they fall into the same "likely rebuilding soon" category as the above two. It has, however, been a very long time since I've played for Riga (I can't actually remember the last time) so that prospect is intriguing.

5. :sea: Seattle Bears :sea:

Another for the pile of "I don't want to be rebuilding forever". Rumour has it the Bears might be blowing it all up after the current season. If that is false than I would love to jump right onto a winning Bears roster, especially since they are likely to have a top 2 pick in the upcoming draft via Toronto's pick. However I personally believe the rumour. I do love the way @Banackock runs his locker room and loved my time their with Holik so I wouldn't at all be disappointed with Seattle but I would likely want the rebuild to be a quick one.

_______

So, there we have the bottom 4 destination options for Thompson. As was stated at the top, all destinations will be gratefully accepted; but ultimately some destinations are better than others. The remaining 4 teams to be ranked will come next week.

• Commissioner
9 hours ago, BOOM™ said:

Obviously :nya: is #1. Don't blame you one bit.

8 hours ago, Beaviss said:

You mean :que:?

50 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

:dav:

In b4 @Bushito brings up the only team not mentioned thus far.

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Bushito said:

We don’t have a first this offseason

I haven’t really looked at who has picks to be honest. This is more so just for shits and giggles based on how teams seem to be shaking up.