Thompson Ranks Draft Destinations - Part 2

Beketov

• Commissioner

Welcome back everyone to this 2 part series where draftee Matt Thompson ranks the VHL teams by order he would most like to play for them. Before we get into the ranking I would like to clarify something that got overlooked in part 1. While I did mention Toronto not having many pick options, that was more or less a 1-off extra reason. For the most part I have not looked at the pick tracker at all and don’t know who has what possible picks to get me. This is more so just a ranking for fun of teams that I think would be a good fit. Whether or not those teams actually have a chance to draft me remains to be seen. Anyway, let’s get on with it!

_______

4. :cal: Calgary Wranglers :cal:

The wranglers are a bit of a tricky team to list. On the one hand they should be ready to compete and would make a great fit. On the other hand they always seem just a little bit off in regards to what kind of skill level they should be playing at. However we are in the top 4 so I do want to say more so the reasons I would enjoy the team rather than dislike the option. Calgary for me has always been a great team. I won my first cup with them way back in S3 and they also got me a cup with Miller in whatever season that was. I think that’s probably the only two times I played in Calgary so good track record.

3. :dav: HC Davos Dynamo :dav:

Davos is another tricky franchise for me. On the one hand, I started my VHL career more or less on Davos; the Amstel Tijgers (not a typo) as they were known back then. However my time on Davos has never been, shall we say, great. Everyone knows the S1 history and then I had a poor season with Holik my rookie year before being dealt. I think that’s the only two times I’ve been on Davos though so maybe third time would be the charm? @Tyler seems like he’s pulling the team out of a rebuild so it might be a nice time to jump on and be able to help lead a young core.

2. :nya: New York Americans :nya:

I don’t see a way NY could pick me but as I said off the top, this isn’t really about that at all, this is about what I would enjoy. NY has a good mix of young guys and players in their prime that could easily mean they’ll be a cup contender for the next few seasons. That obviously has some major appeal. Add in that I have a great history with the team (Record for most shutouts to start a season anyone?) and the fact that playing alongside @STZ is always amazing and you have a team that I would love to see myself on, even if it’s likely impossible.

1. :que: Quebec City Meute :que:

Fun Fact, Quebec is the only team in the VHL I have never played for, at least in some regard. That includes the contracted teams. Changing that this season would be amazing. Not only would I complete my set but getting to play alongside their young core of @STZ (hey look, common thread) and @Velevra (funny it’s two of my Holik rivals) as well @Beaviss‘ upcoming player would be fantastic. As a young GM Beaviss really has pulled off potentially an amazing rebuild with this Quebec squad and if he can keep the core together they could be a real threat for several seasons at least. I think slotting right in there would be amazing and for that reason Quebec sits at the top of my list.

_______

So, there you have it. Thompson’s choices for draft destinations. What will happen come draft day? It’s impossible to say and the lotto may yet decide my fate. For now I’m going to enjoy myself and will gladly join whatever team decides to call my name; regardless of where they fell on my list.

• Commissioner
6 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Come to Calgary, we have me

But do you come with first round picks?