World Cup 2018

2 hours ago, Victor said:

It's a tight one for biggest waste of attacking talent in recent years between France and Argentina but I think Argentina edges it.

Yeah with all those pieces they got one goal. Sadly

• Admin
7 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

Belgium's up there too

True. I think they will no longer waste it this year but become so defensively vulnerable they'll just be outscored by Germany/Brazil at some point.

Biggest story of that game was Kroos, Ozil and Khedira all were shit. The three of them breaking down led to Kimmich having to retreat. Kimmich wasn't as bad as the commentators would have you believe. But with no path to the attackers and easy giveaways, it led to no offence and easy transition for Mexico. Kroos gave it away 3 times in his own 18 in the first half, terrible. Thanks Real Madrid for teaching these guys to be lazy haha

Somehow I only could predict how much one team would score, not both.

I knew Mexico would score one goal, didn't know Germany will have none;

I knew Swiss gonna score one, didn't know Brazil also scored one, not three;

I knew Iceland won't be an easy walk for Argentina (1:0 Aregntina), but didn't know it would be a draw

I knew Croatia will score two, but I also thought Nigeria could do the same

smh

3 hours ago, Victor said:

I've fallen into that trap last Euros and their performance against Nigeria was a bit shit.

Rakitic-Modric is the modern Gerrard-Lampard.

Fair, but still more likely than England, although who knows anymore with some of these results

Well that was the quintessential English Group Stage game, look promising to start, concede from a stupid mistake, spend half the game having the ball but not actually making a chance and then winning it in the later moments.

Also, there was a lot of talk about how Kane should have had a pen for getting rugby tackled in the box, but I’m surprised the pundits/commentators didn’t mention how shit the linesmen were that entire game. Didn’t help the ref with that decision and gave about 3/4 incorrect offside calls despite being given instructions to leave the tight calls to VAR

Edited by Tagger

Tunisia were not that bad formation wise, although in my opinion that VAR PK given was a little embellished. Yes Walker hit the guy in the head but it almost looked like he stooped the movement of his hand and momentum didn't even take it into the attacker, the attacker just ran into it.

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Yup. That kick to the face of Rakatic was all I needed to wish them an early exit.

Historically dirty team, I don't really understand how people's love for Messi can blind them to support Argentina.

On 6/11/2018 at 2:54 PM, diamond_ace said:

Hot take: it wouldn't be unreasonable for Argentina to not advance from the group, of the supposed "big" teams. There's usually one and we never see it coming, but Argentina struggled hard in qualifying, and there are no easy teams in their group (setting aside Messi, the rest of their roster is actually not even better than Croatia on paper - plus we know what Iceland can do, and Nigeria are decent as well).

This

9 hours ago, Victor said:

Historically dirty team, I don't really understand how people's love for Messi can blind them to support Argentina.

Yeah what I've noticed is that South American teams discipline is a huge negative. I know in the MLS the South American players are often the most feisty and tend to wrack up the yellows.

Don't get me started on the S. American refs tho...