Lukas Novacek/Advantage Press Conference

On 5/17/2018 at 5:38 PM, ADV said:

Ask any questions about myself as a member or my newest player, Lukas Novacek.

1. As a future VHL draftee what teams are you looking at/favorites?

2. Where could you see yourself being drafted in the S62 VHL draft? 

3. Thoughts on the changing VHL and the recruitment efforts? 

4. Biggest change since your leave?

2 hours ago, Beaviss said:

1. As a future VHL draftee what teams are you looking at/favorites?

2. Where could you see yourself being drafted in the S62 VHL draft? 

3. Thoughts on the changing VHL and the recruitment efforts? 

4. Biggest change since your leave?

1. Don't know if I am really looking at any specific teams quite yet.  Not really sure who is on who and what teams are being built well.  I want to be on a rising team though ideally and try to be one of the main pieces on a future cup winner, so someone with a strong vision and is maybe trying to exit a rebuild would be ideal.

2. To be honest, I feel I'll probably go pretty high (Top-3 or so) but I feel I should go somewhere around late 1st or early 2nd.  Obviously depends on the quality of the draft class, but while I've had successful players in the past, it has been since about Season 44 since I last had a really high quality player in Wahl.  I do plan on returning to that standard, but I think it's still a bit risky to take me really high.

3. The league is taking a step in the right direction.  People are embracing change and some really solid suggestions are being pitched.  It's nice to see a bit of a resurgence because I really wasn't sure how long this league was going to last under the previous model.

4. The TPE Weekly Cap and Alterations of Point Earning Opportunities (Press Conferences, etc.) are probably the single biggest change since I left.

1. If you could bring back any old member who is no longer here, who would it be and why?

2. What are your thoughts on eliminating all European based VHL and VHLM teams and moving them to North America?

3. What are your thoughts on the new portal?

4. Who has been your favorite player you created and why?

5. You mention the league going through positive changes and moving in the right direction. What is one change you would make if you had unilateral power?

6. Did you watch the royal wedding??

7. Ask me questions please!

@ADV

7 hours ago, Fire Hakstol said:

1. If you could bring back any old member who is no longer here, who would it be and why?

2. What are your thoughts on eliminating all European based VHL and VHLM teams and moving them to North America?

3. What are your thoughts on the new portal?

4. Who has been your favorite player you created and why?

5. You mention the league going through positive changes and moving in the right direction. What is one change you would make if you had unilateral power?

6. Did you watch the royal wedding??

7. Ask me questions please!

@ADV

1.  Probably @Jericho just because we talk daily and itd be nice to have him back even if in a lesser role.  Besides home though, someone like @Knight

as to me he was such an amazing member here and someone all new members could rely on.

2. Ive never been totally against the idea but ive also never really been in full support of it either.  I have never understood why it would benefit the league in any way.

3. Looks fine.  We will see what more gets done with it.  I was a firm believer in that the portal mattered very little to me and that id likely never use it.  I didnt use the old one even way back in the day.

4.  Sullivan for sure id say.  Besides the obvious success he had, he got to be a member on some amazing Calgary and New York teams and even spent a year on a stacked Titans team as well.

5. It would probably need some work but some sort of second player idea as a filler so that the VHLM can be something everyone is in.  Ive seen first hand in efl with fillers how interesting the NCAA can be and as of now it is the league with the most interest.

6.  I did not.  Too early for me.

• Commissioner

1. Do you forsee a Pajodcast resurrection in the VHL or is this an ADV only run?

2. With the recent recruitment efforts we have received a lot of players who have never done something like this before. What would your best advice to these new guys be?

3. Of the current players not in the Hall of Fane, who do you think deserves to be in the most?

1. What can we expect from your next player?

2. How are you finding the VHL now? More interest? Activity? 

3. What do you think, in changes, would largely help the VHL?

4. Can we expect to find you taking on a GM role again sometime soon?

5. What do you think, in changes, was something that harmed the league?

@ADV

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2018 at 6:58 AM, Beketov said:

1. Do you forsee a Pajodcast resurrection in the VHL or is this an ADV only run?

2. With the recent recruitment efforts we have received a lot of players who have never done something like this before. What would your best advice to these new guys be?

3. Of the current players not in the Hall of Fane, who do you think deserves to be in the most?

I think this will be just me.  Devise isn't around that much and even when he is, we both work on very opposite schedules.

Kyle is 100% done with the league at this point.  But I'm looking forward to getting back to it just being me cause that's how this started for myself.

---

My best advice is to get through the VHLM.  Stick with it for a bit.  And also, just to have fun and play a position you like.  Do what you want to do and just enjoy the league.  I find the more people try and do what other people want, the less it feels like your player.

---

I'd have to take a long hard look but I always felt Kellinger got a little overlooked.  He isn't probably the most deserving, but one that I feel with his career statistics and his MVP Trophy, is a little bit underrated in the grand scheme of things.  We will see what happens though but he has had some close calls.

On 5/26/2018 at 11:46 AM, Banackock said:

1. What can we expect from your next player?

2. How are you finding the VHL now? More interest? Activity? 

3. What do you think, in changes, would largely help the VHL?

4. Can we expect to find you taking on a GM role again sometime soon?

5. What do you think, in changes, was something that harmed the league?

@ADV

I think you can expect someone who definitely will remain active but will be a lot closer to what Ryan Sullivan was for me.  Active and hopefully productive as a two-way #1 defender.  For me, that's what I hope for at least.

---

Definitely a bit more interest and there does seem to be a slight spike in activity.  The key is that the league needs to keep up with it.

---

I'd entertain everyone being allowed fillers for the VHLM so that more are involved and perhaps a little more interest. Otherwise, I may support just getting rid of the VHLM even though I still don't think it sends the best message.

---

No, definitely not.  I have zero interest in taking any kind of GM role again.

---

I think two player never solved anything..I think letting boubabi's bs spew as long as it did was also a mistake that drove many away including myself.  

On 5/29/2018 at 11:11 PM, omgitshim said:

1.) What kind of player do you see Novacek becoming?

2.) What made you choose to sign with the Wild this season?

3.) How long before you start dunking on the whole league again?

1. Two-way, strong skating defender who can be a future captain for a VHL team.  Hopefully a future HOFer.

2. They seemed like my best chance to win from those that offered, and therefore I felt that was the best chance I had and thats what is important since ill be drafted this off-season.

3. Haha probably never will again but hopefully within a few seasons, Novacek can become a real strong player.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

What's your favourite VHL memory?

What's your favourite team you've been on?

If you had to go back and change anything in the VHL's past what would it be?

Do you think it was right to get rid of Cologne rather than Quebec and leave just 3 European teams?

Assuming you've played every position in the VHL, which I think you have, which is your favourite?