Johnny Cari's Presser

As a new member, what are your thoughts on the league so far?

With Torsten Ironside retiring and two more goalies set to retire at the end of this next season, this is a great time to be a young goalie.  How highly sought after do you think a young goalie like yourself will be come draft day?

If you have one weakness to your game at the minute, what would you consider it to be and what steps do you plan to take in order to rectify it?

1.) Why did you pick a goalie over creating a skater?

2.) Have you done sim leagues before? If no, what grabbed your attention to make you want to start?

3.) Do you have any preferred destinations in the VHL or VHLM?

4.) Which VHL team has the best name/logo combination? The worst?

5.) I know you haven't been here that long, but if you could make one change to the VHL, what would it be?

@Donno100

2 hours ago, Fire Hakstol said:

1.) Why did you pick a goalie over creating a skater?

Probably due to how simple but hard the job of being a Goalie is. The job itself is a heavy responsibility and I'm happy to take that responsibility.

2.) Have you done sim leagues before? If no, what grabbed your attention to make you want to start?

I've done a few SIM leagues in the past but i've never fully gotten into them like I have with the SBA, EFL, and VHL.

3.) Do you have any preferred destinations in the VHL or VHLM?

Nope not anywhere in particular. I'll go where I'm needed and enjoy my time there.

4.) Which VHL team has the best name/logo combination? The worst?

In the case of the best it's a toss up between The Seattle Bears and The Toronto Legion. As for the worst it's probably hand down The Riga Reign. The hell does a cat have to do with Reign?

5.) I know you haven't been here that long, but if you could make one change to the VHL, what would it be?

Change the European teams to American/Canadian teams. It seems kinda weird to have to fly all the way to a place like Finland just to play a series then come back to the states. It gives weird Jet lag feels.

Edited by Donno100

15 hours ago, Tagger said:

As a new member, what are your thoughts on the league so far?

I think this place is pretty neat and it gives off an overall comfy feel. Hockey being a secondary favorite sport of mines, this sim league really fits my quota.

With Torsten Ironside retiring and two more goalies set to retire at the end of this next season, this is a great time to be a young goalie.  How highly sought after do you think a young goalie like yourself will be come draft day?

I personally think that I'll be a high tier prospect, with the league starting to lose its good goalies due to age and junk I think that I'll be the new age of greatness. I probably would reach the levels Tors has hit at some point but that's dream that might come true if I keep training.

If you have one weakness to your game at the minute, what would you consider it to be and what steps do you plan to take in order to rectify it?

It probably would be my Rebounding Control, I need to broaden my ability to work on the puck bouncing off of me and knowing what's going on in the certain situation where I either need to pass or cover.

I may have the reflexes of a person in stopped time but it doesn't matter much if you can't make dues off a body bounce.

1.) Will you carry my torch and lead the Yukon Rush to a Founder's Cup victory?

2.) What is your biggest strength as a goalie?

3.) Who is your favorite player in the VHL?

4.) Is there any VHL or VHLM Goalie that you are looking up to for build advice?

You're coming into the season as the 1B goalie in Yukon, what are your expectations knowing this? (Hopefully not a surprise as our PM convo before the draft)

Anything I can do as your GM early in our relationshsip to help you out better?

Why you no post in our locker-room?

@Donno100

22 minutes ago, Smarch said:

You're coming into the season as the 1B goalie in Yukon, what are your expectations knowing this? (Hopefully not a surprise as our PM convo before the draft)

My expectations are that with this being known, I'll have to majorly work hard to improve my game and put myself in a position where the whole thing depends on me to do work. Pretty much i come into this with a focused mindset.

27 minutes ago, Smarch said:

Anything I can do as your GM early in our relationshsip to help you out better?

Maybe a few tips here and there on how to better myself as a player in the league and other stuff. 

27 minutes ago, Smarch said:

Why you no post in our locker-room?

Eh sorry about that. I've been mostly busy for the time being.

On 6/15/2018 at 8:45 PM, omgitshim said:

1.) Will you carry my torch and lead the Yukon Rush to a Founder's Cup victory?

That I will definitely try to do, I may not legally be able to lead the team but in the case of off the ice and in practice it's gonna be a case of help everyone get into the swing of things. I may be a rookie but I'm definitely on the same knowledge wave as most vets are.

2.) What is your biggest strength as a goalie?

My biggest strength would be my fast reaction time, it's a gift that I'm thankful for having due to all those years of having sports equipment fired at me from a fast pace. It's a pretty valuable skill to have when you're a goalie and I've not once forsaken that fact that I have this.

3.) Who is your favorite player in the VHL?

I really like Sebastian Ironside. He's a pretty good defenseman that I kinda idolized during my days as a defenseman. Now that i'm a goalie I still like him with his overall talent and playstyle he brings to the game. it would be an honor to either play by his side or play against him.

4.) Is there any VHL or VHLM Goalie that you are looking up to for build advice?

Torstein Ironside. I know he's retired, but it wouldn't hurt for me to learn some tips and tricks from him. The man has a good following and wouldn't mind being a pupil to a man that has legendary status.

1. Does your player have any superstitions?

2. Are there any VHL teams that catch your eye that you may want to play on?

3. Thoughts on your season so far? It's early - but what how do you think you'll do?

4. Enjoying the league? Any questions or are you finding your way?

5. Lastly - your favourite fast food restaurant and what's your meal of choice. Oink. 

@Donno100

20 hours ago, Banackock said:

1. Does your player have any superstitions?

The only thing that I believe in is... goblins. I don't like 'em, so fuck 'em. Next Question.

20 hours ago, Banackock said:

2. Are there any VHL teams that catch your eye that you may want to play on?

It's definitely a toss between Seattle and Toronto. They both seem like teams that could be in need of either a good rookie starter or a great backup that's a good option in clutch games.

Either way, i'd be thankful never the less.

21 hours ago, Banackock said:

3. Thoughts on your season so far? It's early - but what how do you think you'll do?

Well, judging by the fact that I have 3 wins already, I personally think that this is gonna be a good season for me. I won't go big and say i'll do good enough to get a trophy but more along the lines of I'll do an alright job.

4. Enjoying the league? Any questions or are you finding your way?

Yes. Very much. As for questions I'm good for I'm slowly venturing through the different things this place has to offer.

5. Lastly - your favourite fast food restaurant and what's your meal of choice. Oink. 

Wendys and the classic burgs and fries.

On 6/15/2018 at 11:50 PM, DollarAndADream said:

After your full season in the VHLM this season, where do you see yourself going in the VHL draft next off-season? Top 5? Top 10?

Probably Top 10. I'll be best but not the best best. I see myself as a high prospect but not one that would be Top 5 material.

On 6/15/2018 at 11:50 PM, DollarAndADream said:

What are you hoping to achieve on a personal level this season in the VHLM?

I'm looking to achieve a way to look presentable to all the coaches and scouts that want to check me out. That's pretty much the goal.

The Rush are tearing up the VHLM this season. How does it feel to be a big part of that (even with split duties in net)?

Any thoughts about where you might end up in the VHL Draft this season?

Why a goalie?

6 hours ago, Hybrid1486 said:

The Rush are tearing up the VHLM this season. How does it feel to be a big part of that (even with split duties in net)?

It feels great to be apart of one big hard working machine. I really love and enjoy how we've been doing through the season and how I've been doing so far. It's a great feel.

Any thoughts about where you might end up in the VHL Draft this season?

The answer still stays as last time, I see myself as a high top 10 prospect that can fit quotas and overall play good. Pretty much I see myself placing well.

Why a goalie?

Well, why not? I see many skaters getting high props and honors so I figured "Hey, why not make myself the most important player on the ice without having to score goals."  thus the idea of being a goalie flickered in my thought process and I just went with it.

• 1 month later...

So, are you still aiming for Toronto/Seattle or you're interested in more teams now?

Do you like the fact you're the best goalie on your draft class?

Do you see any competition for Yukon?

Do you plan to go up after you get drafted or stay down for a season?

Do you like VHLM?

It seems like goaltenders should be in high demand right about now. How does it feel to be wanted?

Have any teams reached out to you about possibly being a target?

We're well on our way to the VHLM championship. Thoughts?