General Olympic Discussion

probably not noah

Carter had an infinitely better game. That said, can Crosby pack Kunitz back up in his bag and send him back? Giroux should've been on the team. 

Actually I disagree. Kunitz is the one getting in on the forecheck much like Benn and Marleau which forces the other team their hand in their own end.

Actually I disagree. Kunitz is the one getting in on the forecheck much like Benn and Marleau which forces the other team their hand in their own end.

Kunitz was utterly lost out there. He's a decent player, but not even remotely on the level of the rest of the team.

Kunitz was utterly lost out there. He's a decent player, but not even remotely on the level of the rest of the team.

Not everyone is going to breakaway in the stats column. He is doing the gritty work that you need done. Just cause he isn't in on the scoresheet doesn't mean he isn't contributing. If you think otherwise you have to remind yourself that there are so many more components of the game. You want to point fingers, look at Duchene, Subban and Vlasic. They are invisible

Not everyone is going to breakaway in the stats column. He is doing the gritty work that you need done. Just cause he isn't in on the scoresheet doesn't mean he isn't contributing. If you think otherwise you have to remind yourself that there are so many more components of the game. You want to point fingers, look at Duchene, Subban and Vlasic. They are invisible

Vlasic yes, Duchene and Subban no. Kunitz sticks out like a sore thumb, he's fanning on shots, can't make clean passes, and just generally doesn't look like he's keeping up.

Vlasic yes, Duchene and Subban no. Kunitz sticks out like a sore thumb, he's fanning on shots, can't make clean passes, and just generally doesn't look like he's keeping up.

So you think after PK Subban's game today he deserves to be in?

So you think after PK Subban's game today he deserves to be in?

Based on the potential for what he could bring along with Vlasic's struggles, I'd rather Vlasic sits, Hamhuis replaces him, and Subban stays in as the 7th guy.

Subban and Kunitz look out of place on this team tbh. Both look very lost and confused on the ice. Almost looks like after every play they look around to see if what they did was ok or not. Duchene has actually been pretty solid. He's a little hyper at times but I like his effort.

If they didn't pick Subban though it would have been a huge issue.  He is the reigning norris trophy winner and if you pass on him for another player and then lose miserably all of Canada, especially Quebec, would be running a lynch mob after you.  If Canada places like they did in Torino they may still send a mob after Yzerman, but if they didn't pick Subban everyone would have been like oh this is why you lost.  Kunitz doesn't have that kind of value, he was a fringe pick to begin with and not playing well further solidifies the fact that he isn't good enough for this.  I mean he still has time to turn it around but he has looked overwhelmed so far.

Based on the potential for what he could bring along with Vlasic's struggles, I'd rather Vlasic sits, Hamhuis replaces him, and Subban stays in as the 7th guy.

Haha my point wasn't who should play and sit in. I was saying if you want to point fingers at struggling players point them at those guys. Subban didn't play himself into the 7th role, Vlasic played himself out of it.