VHL Goalie Template

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Information

Username: @Spade18
Full Name: Ismond Kingfisher
Position: G
Handedness: R
Recruited By/From: my damn self
Would you like an experienced member to mentor you? Only if its @Beaviss and only if he hates it.

Player Attributes

Total Points Earned: 30

SK = Skating: 35
SZ = Size: 35
AG = Agility: 45
RB = Rebound Control: 40
SC = Style Control: 35
HS = Hand Speed: 40
RT = Reaction Time: 45
PS = Penalty Shot: 35
EX = Experience: 35
LD = Leadership: 35

Other
Jersey Number: 10
Height (inches): 76
Weight (lbs.): 215
Birthplace: Califon NJ, USA

Awards

Career Stats

Player Movement

Past Player

D- Colton Rayne S57

Edited by Spade18

10 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

I don't know why, but I saw this name and automatically knew it was an active member's player. Something about the name being cool and not retarded, maybe? :D

So Colton Rayne is done after this season?

They're all names from my book that I'll probably never have the time to write XD

Now, I just read over the rules and I'm under the impression I can have a free player (Rayne) and a GM player (Kingfisher).

Am I mistaken?

1 minute ago, Spade18 said:

They're all names from my book that I'll probably never have the time to write XD

Now, I just read over the rules and I'm under the impression I can have a free player (Rayne) and a GM player (Kingfisher).

Am I mistaken?

Ah, okay. I'm not sure how that works.

Rayne is already on NY, and you became GM, so I thought that he had to automatically become the GM player?

I mean, because this could give any future GM a chance to have 2 players on his team for free.

- have young player on team

- become GM of team

- create GM player

- now you have 2 good players on a team for the duration of their careers

Just seems a little iffy to me, but I'm not against it. Haha.

10 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Rayne is already on NY, and you became GM, so I thought that he had to automatically become the GM player?

I mean, because this could give any future GM a chance to have 2 players on his team for free.

- become GM of team

- create GM player

If it makes any difference, my intentions were not nefarious lol.

And Rayne is about to hit depreciation sooooooo I wont exactly be slammin to all stars at the same time.

@Will @Beketov  Can you clear this up for me?

Edited by Spade18

Colton Rayne isn't an issue. The team drafted him with a first rounder, so they didn't acquire him for free, there's no problem with Rayne and Kingfisher sharing a team. The player that would be the problem would be Arkander, who came in through the GM rule, because you can't have two GM rule players on the same team. Back in the day, this used to be that the old GM player (Arkander in this case) would be traded off to another team, although I believe you only had to do it once the new GM Rule player (Kingfisher) had made the VHL system, or retire. But in Season 58:

For General Managers

It's been decided that for the time being, General Managers will be allowed to create a 2nd player. This will allow GM's to continue to have the freedom of being a GM and a player at the same time, and also it will give the league some flexibility in getting people to teams that they want to GM which is something we do need at this time with GM interest being low. This will all follow all the same rules as current 2 players with some key exceptions. 

- GM's have the option of creating a 2nd player when they become GM. This will either be a 'GM Player' or a regular player. If it is GM player, it will obviously follow all the existing rules for GM players. 

- When a GM steps down, the GM player must retire. 

That was posted in the announcement of the new two player rule. It's interesting. It's also a problem we haven't had in a while thanks to longer tenured GMs, plus it seems like most of our employments as of late have come externally rather than internally, which usually means that compensation is given up to get a player onto a team rather than the GM rule. 

Edited by Tagger

28 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

- become GM of team

- create GM player

since they technically paid a pick for them when he asked me I thought it would be similar to my situation when I took over Quebec.

1 minute ago, Tagger said:

Colton Rayne isn't an issue. The team drafted him with a first rounder, so they didn't acquire him for free, there's no problem with Rayne and Kingfisher sharing a team. The player that would be the problem would be Arkander, who came in through the GM rule, because you can't have two GM rule players on the same team. Back in the day, this used to be that the old GM player (Arkander in this case) would be traded off to another team, although I believe you only had to do it once the new GM Rule player (Kingfisher) had made the VHL system, or retire. But in Season 58:

That was posted in the announcement of the new two player rule. It's interesting.

Does that mean that arkander must retire? 

Just now, Beaviss said:

Does that mean that arkander must retire? 

It's what the rule would seem to indicate, unless there was an amendment to that announcement at any point that I missed. But like I say, I imagine if that rule were to be enforced, they would only force retire Arkander once Kingfisher's draft year came, so start of S62.

3 minutes ago, Tagger said:

It's what the rule would seem to indicate, unless there was an amendment to that announcement at any point that I missed. But like I say, I imagine if that rule were to be enforced, they would only force retire Arkander once Kingfisher's draft year came, so start of S62.

Oh that's significantly less of an issue.

4 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

Oh that's significantly less of an issue.

Yeah I highly doubt given the timing there's any scenario where you lose Arkander before this season. If I remember right, the rule back in the day (when GM's only had one player) would have been more generous, in that I think you would have been able to keep Arkander until you decided to retire Rayne and make your new player (because that would have been the instance of getting a "free player" aka The GM Rule), which likely wouldn't have been till after Arkander had retired or left anyway. 

Edited by Tagger

3 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

It's time to change a position eh?

You know, I so badly didnt want to fall into the "GM player is a goalie" thing.  But I might......

fuck and the draft is in a few hours.....

• Commissioner
16 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

since they technically paid a pick for them when he asked me I thought it would be similar to my situation when I took over Quebec.

Same situation. The key is that only 1 player is “free” which is the GM player. Since they “paid” for Rayne already it’s the same as your new player becoming the GM player of Quebec.

5 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

You know, I so badly didnt want to fall into the "GM player is a goalie" thing.  But I might......

fuck and the draft is in a few hours.....

Just stay in the M till your ready for arkander to disappear 

3 hours ago, Spade18 said:

Yea Looks like its goalie time

It's the best plan, to be honest. Goalie is a position that is hard to find sometimes, at least to get one that's a capable starter. We just happened to have an amazing burst of goaltending talent throughout the league in the past 10 seasons though, with Jacob, Ironside, DeGrath, Brodeur, Arkander, King, Moon, Stopko, Axelberry, etc. We just seem to be entering a phase where there's not a ton of goalie talent lying around with guaranteed ones hitting the VHL. Iseult of course, with Stopko and Arkander still being in the league for a bit. Possibly Santos who I drafted recently and he just came back active again. I don't really know anyone else off the top of my head.

The way TOrstein Ironside went for me though, with his amazing seasonal performances followed by dreadful post-seasons, it kind of just got me disinterested in the position. It was a lot of TPE to put into a guy for him to just shit the bed repeatedly in the playoffs as a borderline 1000 TPE goalie .